simons soapbox

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
simon bruce
Master
Master

simons soapbox

Post by simon bruce » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:19 pm

ux_a09041600ux0113_ux_g01[1].jpg
been listed along with others in the vintage and collectables category?

Sorry if it offends any collectors of these items that are out there (am I missing the boat should I be stocking up with them?) but why would they be put there other than to annoy me?

Nothing against cheap lures but it is a bit annoying to have to wade through the dross in search of the real treasures.

It makes me zippedsmilie for some reason. Been busy reporting them for the sheer bloody mindedness of it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyM

Re: simons soapbox

Post by TonyM » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:26 pm

You are not alone Simon - they drive me nuts too!

As if it's not bad enough to import this cheap made in China crap and sell it off to unsuspecting fisherman as supposedly "quality" lures, why on earth list them as collectible?

I cannot see any use for these, heck they wouldn't even make good landfill! smckin

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Totally agree boys,like we don't have enough crap to wade through in the other fishing sections of our beloved auction site. zippedsmilie

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Guys, unfortunately Ebay does not police the categories, in fact they really don't give a damn about us little guys, they are too busy looking after the Power Sellers and Store accounts where they make money from increased fees.

As far as eliminating the items, I do it like this. On your left hand side search options panel is the ability to choose several options, including 'show listings from Australia only', tick the box and all the asian stuff disapears.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:58 pm

its a pity ebay spend more time policing this site than where it counts as we are influencing the prices [what a crock of shit]

so we better not talk lures here they might get upset,, ebay maddd

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 pm

I agree Mullmiester,
With all the extra cww cookies ( salutee censor lol) they shove on every damn page we open, it takes an extra 5 seconds to load info that I dont need zippedsmilie
If only we could get the vintage lure community to switch to the OZ site muhmuh muhmuh wouldn't that be nice droolsmilie

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:39 pm

Ironically got a survey from them about my experiences.

So I saddled up my trusty steed and tilted at a few windmills.

Now off to the beach to command the tides.

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”