Nadem Copy

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Nadem Copy

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Shame Nabem didn't put his lure making skills into creating something original -duh -duh
Cheers Rob

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 pm

I bought some Nabem Lures from a tackle shop in South West Rocks last January. They are the most original weirdest lures I've ever seen. The shop owner told me that the maker is from the Scone/Glenbawn area and makes a lot of timber lures, some of these are made in collaboration with other lure makers.

Are we sure that there is not some mateship or connection with the makers of Stuckey's? After reading some of the posts and later appologies for comments posted,about lures made by some of the "tenterfield legends" I'm hoping we can investigate these things a little before we get too excited.

I'm overseas at the moment but will post some Nabem photos when I get back home.

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Not fishing for appologies, I'm just worried we may make a mistake at some point and burn a bridge or two along the way. It is also conceivable that the Nabem lures I have could be from a different maker as well. But if my memory serves me, and it sometimes lets me down, I'm pretty sure the packet card is the same.

When I post the pics, you'll see how weired these lures are. Two legged crankbaits????? They are "Y" shaped.

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Well we made it back home safely. I can certainly see where the copy concern comes from. I have two Nabem lures that are very similar to Stuckeys, except that the sizes, bib and hook hangers are different. I've included a photo of the smaller of my Nabem "Stuckeys". Also attached are photos of two other Nabem lures. One has two legs and reminds me of some two legged beast from a Creature Feature movie from my child hood.
DSC04002.JPG
DSC04002.JPG
DSC04007.JPG
DSC04003.JPG
DSC04004.JPG
DSC04005.JPG
DSC04006.JPG
DSC04008.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:17 pm

The Beast certainly caught my eye. I have a little Frank in me and like critters....... a lot! I buy anything weird.

I wish I knew what the story was with the Stuckey look a likes.

In fact I thought of Frank whilst in Singapore when I picked up a lure shaped as a "stink bug" (shield bug). I didn't buy it though, I'd already racked up over AUS$500 in lures during that session and was risking divorce as it was. I'll be paying that one off for a while! Both financially and in "brownie points".

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:16 am

As we are talking about look a likes, the last picture of the different Nabem, is identical to a wilson lure from Aberdeen. this may tie in with the maker of nabems coming from Glenbawn area, he may have some association with Waery Wilson. Nev

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Quoted " Are we sure that there is not some mateship or connection with the makers of Stuckey's? After reading some of the posts and later appologies for comments posted,about lures made by some of the "tenterfield legends" I'm hoping we can investigate these things a little before we get too excited."

Mate I often fish with Stuckey & I can tell you that there is definatley no "Mateship or connection other than Nabem copying other peoples lures including stucks. Glenbawn or St. Claire is where Stucks are held in veryu high regard & this bloke is purely 7 simply cashing in, they dont even swim right.

There are three things to look at that tell if its a genuine stuckeys,

1/ D shaped tail ring (except some very very early originals)
2/ Molded bib with 2 bends one across the bib just past the nose of the lkure & a second curve along the lenght of the bib.
3/ very unusual gold outer eyes (cant tell you what it is) not paint.

Angry

Yella Belly Fever
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Yella Belly Fever » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 pm

ropes.basstard wrote:The Beast certainly caught my eye. I have a little Frank in me and like critters....... a lot! I buy anything weird.

I wish I knew what the story was with the Stuckey look a likes.

In fact I thought of Frank whilst in Singapore when I picked up a lure shaped as a "stink bug" (shield bug). I didn't buy it though, I'd already racked up over AUS$500 in lures during that session and was risking divorce as it was. I'll be paying that one off for a while! Both financially and in "brownie points".

G'day Ropes
Going to Singapore in January
Whats the best place for lures & are these fishing ponds any good

Cheers
Yella Belly Fever

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Nadem has now copied two of my favourite lures ever .... Stuckeys and Wilsons -duh don't care whether he's created a two headed monster or not, his respect for other peoples designs is appalling zippedsmilie lol lol lol
Cheers Rob

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 am

Sorry Yella, got distracted for a while. I've never fished the ponds in Singapore but I'm told they experience heavy pressure and sizes tend to be small. I've been blessed by being taken fishing in one of the estuaries by one of the local lure makers. Had a great time, but no fish. As for lures & tackle, just head for the area of Beach Road where Arab Street runs into it. You can usually get everyhting cheaper if you use cash and buy larger quantities. My problem always is that I want to buy everything but I lack the funds to do so. Keep an eye out for little tackle shops in the streets running adjacent to Beach Road. A really modern up market shop is Lure Haven, which focusses on Japanese top end lures, many I've never seen here in Aus before. Current trend in Singapore is to use "albino" or white lures for Barra. They sell like hot cakes!

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”