Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Post by Mully » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 am

Warren i must apologise for the attack on your character by some of the members ,,,these members should get their facts right before spreading bullshit. zippedsmilie

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:40 am

Mully wrote:Warren i must apologise for the attack on your character by some of the members ,,,these members should get their facts right before spreading bullshit. zippedsmilie
So Mully where is the Bullshit in my post ? I said he never bid on any of the ones on Ebay ! And Warrens post confirms what i said . So back to you now ....Where is the Bullshit. ???
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 am

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:
Mully wrote:Warren i must apologise for the attack on your character by some of the members ,,,these members should get their facts right before spreading bullshit. zippedsmilie
So Mully where is the Bullshit in my post ? I said he never bid on any of the ones on Ebay ! And Warrens post confirms what i said . So back to you now ....Where is the Bullshit. ???
Guys calm down I didn't find anything offensive about your post Rob and Mully was only trying defend me as i had been accused of all sorts of things over this issue by former members of this site even though i have had nothing to do with it.
Have a merry xmas every one.
warren

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 am

wazza wrote:
Rellik-doc-rob wrote:
Guys calm down I didn't find anything offensive about your post Rob and Mully was only trying defend me as i had been accused of all sorts of things over this issue by former members of this site even though i have had nothing to do with it.
Have a merry xmas every one.
warren
Warren , i hoped that you didn't take offence to my post , it was not meant to offend you . I knew you didn't bid on any ...because you told me so in an email that you sent to me after the auction. I was also aware from the start that you had absolutely NO part in the selling of the lures. You made that clear from the start. Have a good Xmas

Still like to know where the bullshit is Mully ??? Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 pm

bullshit is warren did buy some so didnt care to bid on the bay not because they were fake but he acquired some before maybe check the facts first before posting [bullshit] and attack me as i dont care leave the rest alone the chip on your shoulder of late is getting bigger i dont know what ive done to you but it seems you have an issue.Anyway you all got the answer so topic is closed if you have issues send me an email.
Warren i respect your telling us about your purchase prior to ebay and filling in the blanks to you i bow my head thumbsupsmilie ...
Thanks for screwing up my day Rob looks like another friend lost give me a call you have my number.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Rob I apologise after a few phone calls i stand corrected and now am on track to finding out the facts when i do ill post up the whole deal in detail because im tired of this whole saga

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:03 am

G'day Mully , Thanks ..... but NO apology is needed , we cannot be expected to know everything . Only time will reveal the rest of the story , and put an end to this distracting topic.

Merry Xmas to you & your family ....and everyone else @ Lure and More Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:Only time will reveal the rest of the story , and put an end to this distracting topic.
Apparently not.

This thread needs to be read by all the collectors who innocently trust the elite, the experts, the high profiles, the brains trust or whatever you want to call them. These are the people that have a huge influence over what we all are led to believe. Their manipulation of opinions, effects not just the creations of legends, but also the prices of lures & what we are told should be collectable.

Some of the people involved in this thread do not belong to this group & at the time, probably all involved, believed what they were saying to be true. Those that doubted the official line were treated like evil conspirators, trying to bring down the lure collecting world with their wicked accusations (anyone doing the same today are treated likewise). Unfortunately, as time went by, they were proven right. Who`d a thought that all the "experts" could have been wrong.

The people making, selling & signing these lures, were ALL telling lies & all those wishing to continue the legend were happy to swallow the bullshit. No doubt, all those involved with the selling, had their reasons & I have no right to judge them for that. Anyone with a memory, even a short term one would have figured out that these would have had to been made after Peter Newell`s passing & seen them in that light.

Thing is & this is what really astounds me, is that all the experts now know & have known for some considerable time, that these lures were fakes, made & signed after the death of the signatory & thus making them frauds as well. To me, the lures are of little importance. The manipulation using double standards is of immense importance.

Not only in this thread is there a constant theme of trying to get it right for the good of all lure collecting, but there are any amount of references to this line throughout the forum. Why does it not matter now, but it was of utmost importance then.

There is a thread in the Newell forum titled “Copies of a P Newell Kadaitcha” where the importance of getting it right was allegedly the theme. If it`s so important to spot a fake, why has nothing been said about these known fakes. When Shane Love sold a lure called a Kadaitcha, he was almost linched. One member wanted to, & I Quote “Poke his eyes out and cut off his fingers”.

Why the double standards. The person who made these lures lied, the person that signed these lures, lied, the reasons are not important. Continuing the lie to try to perpetuate a myth for the benefit of a few, is a sad reflection on those involved & an affront to all collectors who put their faith in what they read. Maybe it`s time to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

My dear Vince

It has been day and a half since you put up your latest thoughts about what is the truth and what are lies.
There had been 30 hits on your post only. And 2 of those were mine because as usual I had to read your thoughts twice and did some proof reading. smckin

Perhaps it is the 11 pages on this thread that put people off.
Perhaps it is because the few people who visit this site already know the truth and they are not going to join your crusade.

The "electronic foot print" showed that the words are out though. And I can imagine the chatters.

I agree with you the seeking of TRUTH is of immense importance.
I just hope that your efforts will benefit someone who did not know this before.

Looking forward to your further offerings. thumbsupsmilie

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:34 pm

I think the truth has been out for a while, its just that not many will admit it for fear of upsetting some of the (so called and often self labelled) experts or Peters relatives. Not long after the 'stories' started about the origins of these lures, Peter's supposed last lures, some who had paid good money for them started to offload them to unsuspecting buyers. That, to me, is like selling an old done up '71 Falcon 500 as an original XY GTHO.

I'd love to see the truth and nothing but the truth. Its often more entertaining and we actually learn something useful from it.

As Mulder and Scully said....The truth is out there.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”