Pumpkin coloured kadaitcha

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
simon bruce
Master
Master

Pumpkin coloured kadaitcha

Post by simon bruce » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:25 am

This appeared along with the rosewood number
pumpkin01.jpg
pumpkin02.jpg
pumpkin03.jpg
pumpkin04.jpg

L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Pumpkin coloured kadaitcha

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:49 am

Simon,
I saw those a couple of minutes after he listed them. I have sent the guy an email asking why he titles them Kadaitcha when they are clearly not made by Peter, and a couple of gentle hints that he should desist from mentioning the name Kadaitcha without CLEARLY stating in his listing that these are copies.

I await his reply with interest.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

bdowdy
Expert
Expert

Post by bdowdy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 am

money does weird things to people...but this is so wrong zippedsmilie smckin smckin pokeystix

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm

A pretty ppor effort on both counts, didn't worry about the McFeeters Dart the photos were just way too blurry.

Interesting to see what he says Brad.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:23 pm

and the answer was...
"HI BRAD THANKS FOR YOUR INFO BUT I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG, I HAVE LOOKED AT THE LURE SEEN ITS POPULARITY FOR CATCHING COD, SO I HAVE MADE THESE TWO LURES FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT ONE WITHOUT PAYING $400 TO $900 FOR ONE.I HAVE USED DIFFERENT PRODUCTS IN ITS MAKEUP BUT CALL THE LURE WHAT THAT SHAPED LURE IS CALLED THANKYOU SHANE."

I dont know if I will be bothered replying any further.

Brad
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:37 pm

I wouldn't bother Brad.

Fairly brazen response and a bit different to the "found it in a shed".

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 pm

bullrout22 wrote:
simon bruce wrote:I wouldn't bother Brad.

Fairly brazen response and a bit different to the "found it in a shed".
Ill put my hand up it was me he conned crazysmilie lol lol lol but it did not cost me that much crazysmilie -duh

with this lure below the picture was a bit blurred it looked ok ill take some better ones and put them up crazysmilie
shed.JPG
I sent a question asking if it was a Newell's and got this responce. At least he is not going as far as claiming it is.
hi there , no i made these lures. thankyou shane.
I think he at least should be stating it is a Kadaitcha "style" lure but unless the name is copywrited he probably is in the clear. Typical Grafton type I deal with through work, many have veru loose morals.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Guys, just so everyone is aware of the situation, heres what I have communicated to seller over this lure...

Message sent 23-Jun 2009
Hi shane,
Can I ask why you are listing these lures as a 'Kadaitcha' when clearly they are not a product of Peter Newell. The Kadaitcha name is well regarded and I feel you will only do yourself a dis-service by refering to your well made copies as 'Kadaitcha's'. Your copies have already fired up a number of collectors and I feel it is only fair to inform you that the common concensus is that there may be action taken if the fact that these lures are only based on the style of the Newell Kadaitcha is not CLEARLY stated in the listing.

Message recieved 24-Jun
HI BRAD THANKS FOR YOUR INFO BUT I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG, I HAVE LOOKED AT THE LURE SEEN ITS POPULARITY FOR CATCHING COD, SO I HAVE MADE THESE TWO LURES FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT ONE WITHOUT PAYING $400 TO $900 FOR ONE.I HAVE USED DIFFERENT PRODUCTS IN ITS MAKEUP BUT CALL THE LURE WHAT THAT SHAPED LURE IS CALLED THANKYOU SHANE.
Message sent 24-Jun-09
"Hi Shane,
First up please we fully appreciate your feelings and desire to copy the Kadaitcha shape, but the concern that a number of collectors have expressed, is that you have not made it clear in your listing that your lure is a copy based on the Kadaitcha shape. Please regard this as notice that some collectors are considered reporting this to Ebay as a fraudulent listing. Best remedy would be to revise your listing to state that your lure is a COPY of the Kadaitcha lure as soon as possible.
Regards Brad (Kadaitcha Club Vice President2009)

Hopefully he will heed the advice and make some revisions in his listing...his call I guess

Brad
acta non verba

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Messaged received 24-Jun 2009

HI BRAD, THANKYOU FOR YOUR CONCERN, I'LL WATCH HOW I GO ABOUT IT FROM HERE IN. THANKYOU SHANE.

Well maybe he has heeded advice, will wait and see.

Brad
acta non verba

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 pm

simon bruce wrote:A pretty ppor effort on both counts, didn't worry about the McFeeters Dart the photos were just way too blurry.

Interesting to see what he says Brad.

Dart was authentic, as were the Serges .... found their way to a good home thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”