Just guessin'

SkyeWarrior
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Just guessin'

Post by SkyeWarrior » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:26 pm

that this is a Daiwa of some description. Was looking for a small tackle box in the garage to put in a few buzzbaits that I just got hold of, and this was sitting in one of them. Might even give it a toss on Sunday with my Martha Stewart clear coat to since it looks like it would work on the bass. Just interested if any one knows what it is in case it disappears forever droolsmilie
Stevo
WhoAmISmall.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean and we are getting out of here!!!

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Just guessin'

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Stevo,
Just had a look in my 1975 Daiwa catalogue, but it's not listed. I think it might be a copy of a Hubbard's Sparkle Tail, the real Hubbard had a metal cup around the belly hole that stopped the hook points touching the body, and protruding eyes.

As it is a copy it could well be any number of brands including Daiwa as you say.
If the bass don't like it, PM me with an offer lol

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 pm

A couple of variations in the Sparkle Tail.Note the bottom one clearly says Sparkle Tail with no centre belly hook cup but with reinforced bib as opposed to the middle one large visible centre belly hook cup also says Sparkle Tail in raised moulding and no reinforced bib and top one has none of the others defining features.(photo in reduced size may not be of quality to show these details)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Interesting variations Mike,
When I saw the lure, something in the dim dark reaches had me diving for the ID books. The lure pictured in there has the belly cup extending out past the belly, and the description state that the cup was to stop the hooks touching each other or the lures surface.

I am thinking yours must cover a few years of manufacture given the variances.They are another interesting lure from days gone by.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 pm

These lures are shown in an "Eppinger" catalog as well , that I had received from them last year .

They are named "Sparkle Tail"(with a small encircled "R" behind it for "registered mark" , I guess)in there as well , furthermore described as "The Original Hubbard Lure" , .......I quote...... "successfully sold by the Hubbards for years in selected Midwest markets , Sparkle Tail is now available nationwide".

Maybe this helps a bit !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

SkyeWarrior
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SkyeWarrior » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks Gentlemen all - if nothing else, I'm at least convinced that I should take it out of the working box, at least until I can get it to some more open water. Kind of tight where I'm going Sunday. Incidentally, it's got a nice slow rise from a foot down...
Stevo
Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean and we are getting out of here!!!

Return to “Daiwa Lures”