Early Ugly Duckling - Ruzno Pace

Ugly Duckling Lures
daiwa
tradie
tradie

Re: Early Ugly Duckling - Ruzno Pace

Post by daiwa » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Diemai, you said you like jointed lures.. So I found some lures from my collection for you thumbsupsmilie

From Top to Bottom :
5 J DR Colour BGI
5 J MR Colour S
5 J MR Colour PR
5 J MR Colour RED BASS
5 J MR Colour CHA BASS

These lures are what I use all around South Australia. Ive heaps of redfin and trout on the local rivers and dams. They are even good for the callop of Murray River and ive caught a undersize murray cod.

I use the lures even for saltwater for some species and have proved to work successfully.

Whenever I go fishing and use the Ugly Duckling lures I have attached I seem to catch more then the other fisherman next to me that use different brands of lures. I basically catch what three of the fisherman would catch altogether. They seem to work GREAT!

I believe the same lure will work very well for you in Germany for Pike and Zander (ESPECIALLY!) in this time of the year now.

By the way about the lures on some markets I think thats up to the importer and distributer because logicially every person who exports wants the money and he first gives the opportunity to export. Its up to the importer to choose which lures he wants and doesnt want to import.

Ugly Duckling has more than 25 different lure shapes and more than 30 colour patterns and when that is multiplied that is a extreme amount.

Hope you guys LOVE the pictures im sending.

Oh guys, and what you think of the pictures ?

thumbsupsmilie howdy yay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:31 am

@ daiwa

I've noticed , that they have two versions of jointed cranks , one deeper running as well .

These are very nice lures , wish to find some of these over here some day , ...thanks for posting thumbsupsmilie !

But fishing for zander , crankbaits are not the best choice of a lure in my area and prefered waters,............especially not now , as winter is slowly approaching .
They occassionally do take crankbaits , but only actively hunting fish would , and this would most likely be from sundown until midnight , when they come towards the shallower banks to pick some minnows there .

Sometimes one encounters them with trolled or cast crankbaits at depths 3 to 6 metres as well , but on very rare occassions .

First choice lure for zander without any doubt are plastic shads rigged on leadheads , slowly jigged or even only tossed along the bottom , .......als fished vertically from a boat .
Zander are most likely bottom located , but still they won't deny a little snack passing by .

Also drifting with a boat ahead of the wind with a leadhead ploughing the bottom can be succesful .

If zander are reluctant to take lures at daytime , one can target them with bottom sinker or float set-ups at night , baited with dead minnows or chops of these laid on the bottom ,......... the more clear and quiet a swim is , the more shy they would be .

I have noticed , when fishing deadbait laid on bottom , they'd always take the deeper located bait first after sundown , .....the more the night procceeds , the shallower they'd move .
I'd always place one set-up deep at bottom 9 to 15 metres and the second(two rods allowed) closer to bank at 2 to 4 metres bottom , most likely the deeper one gets struck first .

Fishing for them in rivers is always easier than stillwater , as they grab the bait/lure more intense and less shy , not much time for checking it in the river current !

Check this two videos , I sometimes fish these very locations in Hamburg as well for zander , but not too often !

http://www.bissclips.tv/bissclips_tv/ra ... empft.html

http://www.bissclips.tv/bissclips_tv/ra ... mburg.html

At the spot shown at 00:58 min. in the second video I have caught a smaller zander of about 55 cm some two months ago , also found a "Rapala Magnum" there washed ashore with the tide thumbsupsmilie .

Guess that crankbaits work better for zander , where the waters are generally more shallow and also murky , f. e. in the "polders"(drainage ditches)of the Netherlands or in coastal parts of Northern Germany .

Sorry for little off-topic , ..........greetz ,diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:19 pm

In Summer time I used to catch Zanders on live bait but at winter time I same would prefer soft plastic shad types lures, yellow in colour with a bit of red or orange on the gills. Sometimes with a little green.

Sorry guys for changing the topic slightly.

howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:56 am

daiwa wrote:In Summer time I used to catch Zanders on live bait but at winter time I same would prefer soft plastic shad types lures, yellow in colour with a bit of red or orange on the gills. Sometimes with a little green.

Sorry guys for changing the topic slightly.

howdy
Nice modern Ugly Duckling lures and the very first lure in the first photo got me pike in the UK and I actually bought a lure that resembled that lure but had no markings while over there. It was in the colours that diawa mentions with green/yellow back and fading to the belly with gill markings etc. I'll post when I can find the photo. In winter its just cold!!!

@diawa . . .

I've always thought of buying some of the modern models because as you say they do get fish and are extremely hard wearing. I think I may look into it as I've got some that work on trout, trolling deep in the smaller sizes . . . what are the biggest ones they make. Any ideas?

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:31 pm

The biggest models are the 'Ugly Duckling Fantasy 12 Jointed' & the 'Ugly Duckling 12 Shallow Runner' which are both 12.5cms. They are 17.5 grams each.

As ive said previously in some topics on Ugly Duckling lures there is a good site on the lures where you may see all the sizes and all colour patterns.

I also heard some mates in Victoria that the Fantasy 12 Jointed is very popular but still hard to find in the tackle stores.
yay
I have attached a new lure my mate got me. Thats a 'Calyspo' brand lure. It too is made from balsa wood. The model is F3 and the colour is 'P'.
thumbsupsmilie yay howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:42 pm

The f3 would be a bream slayer here perfect shape and bib looks right for the shalow/med dive they hide in here, you have converted me now i need to buy some thumbsupsmilie

where can i get some ???

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Thats from my own collection but I hear a guy will import some soon.

Hope you get some for your collection aswell.

thumbsupsmilie

If I find someone that has i'll let you know.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:30 am

please advise of the suppliers if and when you find out id be interested in a few myself please thumbsupsmilie

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi guys and gals . . .

Here's another Ugly Duckling lure in one of my favourite styles w/ coffin bib and a superb finish. The back is a perfect olive colour with scales on each side reminiscent of baitfish with detailed gill cage and flash of blue. Came in original bright blue box. Seriously nice lure and tough as nails;
phpHBI82LPM.jpg
php0VuVcxPM.jpg
phpNUk9byPM.jpg
MXB

thumbsupsmilie
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 pm

howdy

The order of the images is a bit mucked up as i wanted it the other way around but oh well.

Heres some from my small colour, hope you like it thumbsupsmilie

yay

Return to “Ugly Duckling Lures”