Early Ugly Duckling - Ruzno Pace

Ugly Duckling Lures
diemai
Master
Master

Re: Early Ugly Duckling - Ruzno Pace

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 pm

@ MXB

The problem about only digging down straight most likely occurs , if those wide "coffin bips" are set as from about 45° and less(pointing more downward)refering to the lengthwise center axis of the lure , .......AND........the line tie is somewhat located under the chin , a bit ahead if the bib .

If the line tie is placed further upward at the nose , the oncoming pressure on the bib could cause more leverage(line tie is the pivot point) , thus the lure is more likely to wobble .

I do not have any experiences with such bibs pointing forward more than 45° and with the line tie placed ON the lip(thus deep divers) , but I guess , that the problem might also occur , if it would be this type with its largest width right at tip level .

A bib tapered towards tip and its base would cause less or even no problems , I guess .

@ Jigmaster

There are people , that put it in books , but even too complicated to quote in here lol lol !

There is the German translation of a Swedish author titled "Wobbler-Topmodelle im Eigenbau" by Hans Nordin(sadly no English version available , as far as I'm concerned) , which has become a kinda "bible" for German hobby lure carvers , ........I also own the US book "Crankbait Secrets" by Joe Bucher , no luremaking in there , but ALL aspects of crankbait fishing thoroughly described , ....there is also a nice chapter about line tie and lip configuration in there .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Guys,
I have an old magazine here somewhere, that has a most informative article on lure making and designs, with all sorts of calculations done re depth due to tow point/bib relationship and actions from shapes etc....I will try to find it and scan it into a PDF for everyone to peruse.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:47 pm

I have many of the newest Ugly Ducklings. And they work great when I go fishing.

I even tried some of the new 12 Ugly Duckling patterns and it works well but also depends on the clearness of the water.

Its action is little different then the older Ugly Ducklings and the shape is different aswell but im very happy with the result of the new ones.

Altogether there are 35 decors and nearly the same amount of different lure shapes gives me the opportunity to cover all fishing species.

Last season I tried Fantasy 5 Jointed in MR & DR with superior results on fish like salmon and snook. I even caught a few mulloways on the same lure. I'm still trying and searching for new models and decors.

For me the lure is the absolute best ! bowsmilie

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Ive tried to upload some photos from my camera but all the photos are invaild and some I cant even upload.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:18 pm

@ daiwa

Have you tried downsizing them before ?

Export them from your picture program(I use Picasa 2) to your computer files in a downsized version , from these files you can upload them in here !

I always downsize them to 650 X 450(about) pixels , these do always work !

greetz , diemai howdy

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks mate,

I'll try but im not really a computer expert.

okay i hope i make something and i'll show you something from my collection

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks Diemai again, with your help i succeed thumbsupsmilie

Here are some lures from my collection. Have a look yay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:48 am

@ daiwa

Hehehe , I consider myself as a complete computer dummy as well crazysmilie .............still glad , that I could lead you on the right path lol !

Very nice lures you've got there , some of their color patterns I have never seen before ,..... guess , that some manufacturers export differently colored lures to different countries ,.....I had noticed that with "Rapala's" before , .......some colors pictured in US catalogs were not available here in Europe .

I also like these jointed ones !

nice lures , ........greetz , diemai howdy

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 am

Im little lucky to get some lures as I said some aren't avaliable in Europe.

Some models are very hard to find and some are very expensive.

I'll find some more rare Ugly Duckling lures in my tackle box and I post it.

Now im of to find some howdy

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:44 pm

As I promised after long digging through my tackle boxes I finally found some more interesting lures from the Ugly Duckling range. These lures have rare colours or lure patterns.

Hope you guys like it.

yay yay

from top to bottom :
RP'RATT REFLECTED JOINTED MAC COLOUR
RP'RATT BIS COLOUR
FANTASY 7 COLOUR FT-R
6 MR BT GOLD COLOUR
5 FLOATING COLOUR RED BASS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ugly Duckling Lures”