another fleamarket find

Ugly Duckling Lures
daiwa
tradie
tradie

Re: another fleamarket find

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Well done Diemai 10+/10 for you history lessons,

Like all Ugly Duckling companys they start with small productions and after the production expands some plants in Poland start making Ugly Duckling Lures.

The lures are orginally made from Serbia (ex Yugoslavia, City Cacak). Thats why each box different place of production. The lures which are made in Poland have 'Made in Poland' written on the package and they are the older ones.

The same lures made in Yugoslavia have 'Made in Yugoslavia' written on package. As the politics change and the from the civil war, Yugoslavia wasnt allowed to export and probably because Bosna and Hercegovina was the only country that was allowed to export at the time. Without all taxes thats probably the reason why the boxes are named 'Made in Bosna and Hercegovina'.

I am only guessing the paragraph above but I believe its 99.99% true.

Now all the Ugly Duckling lures are made in the same place. They are handmade and assembled. They company name is now 'Swan Lures'. Parallel with the Ugly Duckling lure range the company in 2010 with come out with some new lure decors under Swan Lures.

If I find some photos of swan lures I will add to this forum.

howdy

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Here we go.. I found some Swan Lure pictures

Take a look

I have some more lure pictures in a variety of brands in the files on my computer. If your interested in any pictures under any brand let me and i'll post the pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:05 pm

mate the idea for the forum was as many pictures and info as possible we would be honoured to have as many as you like here, I for one love pictures and information... clapclap

Thanks sir for sharing love your posts thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 pm

the swans are a lot more colourful than their older brothers I like the colour change for me the duckling always were a tad bland we needed a sparkle for some of our fish here especially bream and what I now see interests me a lot thumbsupsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:22 am

@ daiwa

Thanks for further info on this brand , ......very interesting thumbsupsmilie !

Also very nice pictures ,........ are they showing a lure or tackle exhibition showroom ?

I agree with Mully , that these "Swan" versions are truly a bit more colorful , really adds to their attraction(also for the fishermen opening up their wallets lol ) .

Some baits on the bottom picture are really close resemblances of European fish , a perch(you know it as "reddie" in Australia)and the two silver ones imitate a roach(widely spread species in Europe) perfectly !

But what is not quite clear to me -duh , is where these "Swan" lures are presently made , ....in Poland or in Serbia ?

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:10 am

The Swan Lures are made in Serbia and the swan lures are going a completely different way to Ugly Duckling. Im not completely sure about the material but I will find out.

Thanks guys,

Here is another picture I have saved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 pm

The lures look fantastic, very lifelike finishes.

Like the stands too.

Especially those with a couple of lures on them, tiered arrangement of models and sizes.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm

What stands the girl in the background had me tunnel visioned

daiwa
tradie
tradie

Post by daiwa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Not bad girl ay?

clapclap blahblah droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie yay

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:30 am

@diawa . . .

The history of the Ugly Duckling lures is very interesting and supports the markings on the original Ruzno Pace lure I posted that is made in Cacac, Yugoslavia. I am still amazed at the quality control on the earlier lures produced.

Its also interesting that they were having trouble exporting due to restrictions at the time and the exports would have trickled through of old stock as they moved to other manufacturing locations. As for the modern Ugly Duckling lures - so you are saying Ugly Duckling lures no longer exist and are now Swan lures which I must say look really good. Are they plastic? The patterns look like they would work great. Thanks for posting.

Roger

howdy droolsmilie howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “Ugly Duckling Lures”