another fleamarket find

Ugly Duckling Lures
diemai
Master
Master

Re: another fleamarket find

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 am

@ MXB

This is very interesting , thanks for posting clapclap !

I have googled that term "ruzno pace" and it really seems to be the translation of "ugly duckling" .

If you visit their homepage , there is a little story there , that a friend of the designer called these lures "ugly duckling" , as he first saw the homemade prototypes at the waters edge .

Don't know about Australia , but it seems , that that term "ugly duckling" has spread over Europe and obviously found entry into the different languages(we have it in German as well) ,........ it is origined from a fairy tale written in the 19th century by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen , ........this fairy tale has a kind of a moral message , since it is about a neglected and abused and made fun of "ugly duckling" , that later in the end grows to be a very beautiful swan most admired by all the other birds on the pond .

Here is one of the links , that I have found :

http://www.bistrobih.ba/Nagradha_2007_1.php

So it seems to me , that these older lures , that you have , stamped "ruzno pace", were made before the company had finally decided to target the international market ,........maybe used up old bibs to start out doing so ?

It's all a bit confusing about these lures crazysmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 am

Sorry , made a mistake about that link iidiot btme ,.......should be :

http://www.bistrobih.ba/Nagradna_2007_1.php

Hope , it works now !

greetz , diemai howdy

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:21 am

added some backlight retouch

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:22 am

thanks for the comparisons thumbsupsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:28 am

@ Mully

It is blinding my eyes ........ crazysmilie crazysmilie lol lol !

Thank ya , anyway , mate ......much better for details !

greetz , diemai howdy

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 am

Took mine out of their boxes to check the bibs.

The Yugoslavia ones have RUZNO PACE on the bibs and the Grafopromet Yugoslavia and the Bosnia Hercogovina

ones have UGLY DUCKLING on their bibs.

Strangely,when I Google Grafopromet it is a manufacturing company in Serbia and Montenegro.

Cheers,Jim

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:21 pm

@ oldfish

Checked for "Grafopromet" as well , it appears to be a printing company , so I assume , that they have the lures made under their own name elsewhere but only made the final working proccess , .....to put on the photo color design ?????

The elder "Ruzno Pace" ones appear to be spray-painted the "tradional" way , anyway !

Just a guess ,....... why else should a printing company be involved into fishing lures ?

So probably the lure blanks are made in Bosnia and Hercegowina , but the color pattern is applied in Serbia and Montenegro , or the "Grafopromet" has a plant straight at the manufacturers site ?????

Anyway , this is globalisation nowadays ,...... I have heard of "Rapala" having certain working proccesses of certain model lines made in Ireland and Lithunia , but not all ,...... some are done in the original plant in Finland as well ,.........it seems to me , that they are shipping the half done blanks from one location to the other , no lure is made completely at one particular location ?

But still they only have ONE country of origin on their lips(never saw Lithunia , but Ireland and Finland , off course) .

greetz , Dieter howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks Mully . . . those photos were a bit bluish . . . blahblah

It is an interesting success story and thanks for the translation Deits. The smaller 'Uglys' are heavily weighted and will dive to 25ft+ and are just amazing lures on a whole lot of levels. Good to cast, excellent on the troll, target deep water and most of all they are as tough as they come and dont bust up easy.

I remember the 'Ugly Duckling' story as a kid (European father trying to scare me to death through my childhood!!)

Anyway great info as always from you freaks out there and keep those lures a postin'

clapclap howdy clapclap
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

svirac
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by svirac » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:30 pm

MXB wrote:Here we go . . . and you may be right it could be Slavic!!
phptWrWT2AM.jpg
phpJ2aTqzAM.jpg
php8Bpn3wAM.jpg
Whatever they have on the bibs . . . they catch fish and these lot have caught many trout in deep water

thumbsupsmilie lol thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie yay yay yay

howdy
Dear friend ... you are in possesion of small piece of history .... these are the first Ugly Duckling lures .... and the best. Ruzno Pace - Ugly Duckling.
Lucky you droolsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 am

Hi , back again ,

......amongst my today's new fleamarket find(check US lures "Poe's" section) were also this two new "Ugly Ducklings , ......guess , that I have now gathered more than half a dozen , ......all from fleamarkets , but none from a tackleshop .......real strange lol !

greetz , diemai howdy
UGLDUCK_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ugly Duckling Lures”