Deception Nudes

Deception
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Deception Nudes

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Flicker wrote:Nice clapclap
I wonder why he made the first a nudie ???
Got absolutely no idea, but will ask Paul - can only suspect that the outcome wasn't perfect and he left it at that .... the evolution was however very worthy of a lick of paint, albeit that not nearly enough were ultimately made -duh thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Part of the Hornet evolution, call it history - this Hornet was made available to me by a prominent site member who bought it from Paul in 2008.

I quote Paul's notes back at that time "I was going to call it a Hornet but it proved to difficult to machine as the whole lure was made from one piece of white beech wood. Has a fantastic action, it was kept because of the dozen or prototypes made this one had the best angle and action. Caught a few fish while trialling it, then it got put in the cupboard until now'.

This is a pic of the 'best test' Hornet from which the rest were ultimately made .... an evolution from the original nudie, and 'the lure' which was used as a template for the painted Hornet pictured above thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 pm

HI Rob

very interesting these Hornets. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

just wondering of the 50 or so that were made, how many different colours were there ??? ???

Albert

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

ocd1688 wrote:
just wondering of the 50 or so that were made, how many different colours were there ??? ???

Albert
Mate, I have 18 different colours + the nude and I'm aware of 1 colour with another collector that I don't have cccc so guess there are at least 20 yay

From a collectors perspective there is also a 'fat' prototype that I have, in addition to the nude and the final model noted above thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

This lure is a most intriguing nude Deception and one I refer to as my mutant Deception lol

It was what Paul never got to call, the 'Deception Flathead' lure. This lure was originally designed by Paul to specifically target flathead and is the size of a small poddy mullet, there are 4 known completed and painted lures that made it through to production. By 'never got to call', I mean Paul designed this lure for flathead but decided to not go ahead with production as it co-incided with the Softplastic's boom at the start of the decade.

What a shame, as it is a stunning lightweight minnow and this mutant was the result of a slipping mandrel in the lathe - the result is quite abnormal, but Paul decided to give it a clear coat all the same -duh

This is a favourite in my collection - the mutant Deception Flathead lure, hope you enjoy seeing it thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lure-Nut on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Amazing effort Rob clapclap clapclap clapclap
Hope you get that elusive one soon mate thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin