Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PICKED UP A FEW MORE

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 pm

just add a few more

older with black HAMMERHEAD in the bellies thumbsupsmilie
IMG_3490.JPG
Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm

Rellik-doc-rob wrote: Fizza ,

Good memories alright.......

One thing I will never ever forget was when I grabbed Ken and took him to our cabin to meet and talk with Harro.

Ken told me afterwards that it was his dream come true to be able to talk to his hero , and legend Harro. Some upstart supposed lure makers frowned upon Ken's lures , but harro put it best.....Rough BUT Tough ,and real fish catchers. He even used one for a while during the comp.

Ken was over the moon to receive to feed-back from Harro , and genuine friendships were formed. We stayed in contact from then until not long before his passing . Ken was a "Blokes Bloke " and a real bushy , no bullsh*t or pretence , you got what you saw. Made it easy to like him !!

I would say by the reports from many regular fisho's to fish Mulwala , and the fella's I met at the comp in the 2 years I fished there , that kens lures were rated amongst the top 3 fish catchers in Mulwala. The other 2 were Stump-jumpers and Steve Kovac's. The "Seekers had a large following amongst those who could fish .

RDR
As you know Rob I spent a bit of time with Ken just chatting about fishing, lures and general crap and a nicer bloke you'd never meet.

One thing I found a little strange way back then was some of the luremakers who made the "PRETTY" lures and others bagging the hell out of Ken's rough finish which I thought was rather spiteful. Being a young sort of naive bloke then fishing against some blokes I idolised I kept my mouth shut {Yeh boys hard to believe crazysmilie nahnah } but I was disgusted at that sort of behaviour back then.

Another thing that shocked me that I didn't say bugger all about but bloody felt like it and almost did was the fact that a bloke sitting at the doorway in the marquee was getting a Mulwala Invitational Classic jumper signed by everyone he thought was "well to do". I sat directly across from this "bloke" who never even spoke to me until I won the comp and then he was up my a*seto get my not so famous signature. I was gobsmacked at the two faced hypocritical attitude of this person. I signed it but later on when I'd got home with that idiot Zimbarbwian mate of mine I wish I hadn't of and also wished I'd said something or worse.

Met a lot of good blokes there, met some bloody fantastic blokes and one sheila {Heather, Harro's protege'} also met some absolute a*seh*les and bulls*it artists...................names with held at this point in time thumbsupsmilie

I'm still amazed at how bitchy and bullshitty this industry is thumbsupsmilie Then again most industries are the same -duh Why do people with little d*cks think they have big d*cks or the need to have a bigger d*ck {Vince excluded LMFAO..........had to be there lol } Why can't people just do their best, learn from others and help each other? What the f*c* is so hard about that?.................................JEALOUSY & IGNORANCE I think nahnah

OK of my soap box and apologies for the hyjack thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie smckin smckin

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:59 pm

ocd1688 wrote:just add a few more

IMG_3490.JPG
Albert
Early one's had a double hook on the belly old boy but they're ok I spose lol lol lol

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 am

Hey Chief...AKA Fizza ,

I'm not being a know all , but her name was Katherine Capewell ( Not Heather ) ...but you are to be forgiven. I noticed you kept looking for her name tag ..... or at least in the general direction of where a name-tag should have been lol lol lol . Easy mistake.

With 100 invities fishing that comp , well known anglers and not so well known anglers alike , I was amazed at how I was the only one who had Kadaitcha's . Only one person I talked to even knew what they were , Bill Classon.

The " DWARF with a pen "....Prokop has a lot to answer for. His claim now that the Kadaitcha revolutionised and changed Cod-fishing in Australia ? WHAT THE HELL ???

The Kadaitcha was only locally known around Tenterfield , with limited distribution and availability. Not too many people out of the area even heard of it. Other than a few passing motorists who bought some out of his shed on the way through Tenterfield.
Even Prokop only rated it his #3 in his Lure in depth guide magazine. If it was around since 1985 or so , how could he rate it so low in 1990 when the tests and article were put together ? He obviously forgot what he wrote , or did he change his mind when he had an agenda to push. GEEZ that not nice Rob lol lol .

At Mulwala , in Victoria and southern NSW....the most heavily fished Cod area's , the go-to lures for Cod fishing were the Stumpjumper , Flatfish , Ken's Seekers , Kovac's Custom Crafted lures and probably throw the Boomerangs in with that lot. I reckon they had the most influence on cod fishing....not some lure that was sitting in the back-blocks of northern NSW that less than 1% of Australian anglers ever heard about.

The "Power of the pen " is not as powerful as the power of memory......

Apparently I can not call Frank a goose , but I can think it. So Frank.... I think your a "GOOSE " !!

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

KEN1980
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by KEN1980 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:54 am

IMG_3490.JPG
Albert

Nice lures Mate , im slowing growing my collection so if you ever get sick of those im only a postal box away thumbsupsmilie

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 am

Fizza. wrote:

IMG_3490.JPG
Albert
Early one's had a double hook on the belly old boy but they're ok I spose lol lol lol
Got some pics to enlighten the masses ??? ???

Albert

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 am

ocd1688 wrote:
Fizza. wrote:

IMG_3490.JPG
Albert
Got some pics to enlighten the masses ??? ???

Albert
The easiest way I think would be to show the lures via an early catalogue as seen below besides it would take me forever to find the bloody things
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Custom Crafted Lures”