PICKED UP A FEW MORE

Custom Crafted Lures
KEN1980
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PICKED UP A FEW MORE

Post by KEN1980 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:47 am

Amongst these is a Mulwala special & a Magnum Fish stick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KEN1980
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: PICKED UP A FEW MORE

Post by KEN1980 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:48 am

this is the Mulwala Special
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:56 am

Great work Ken....

You are putting a good collection together there., and all look to be in good condition.

Do you remember what year the Mulwala special was done ? Was it in the team kit-bags for the comp ?

Mulwala Classic was were I met Ken Hendry , Dave Vasic and many more. Great memories !!

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30 pm

1993 it was Rob, long time ago now and some good memories clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

KEN1980
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by KEN1980 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Rob i would have only been 13 years old in 1993 & whilst old enough to chase a few girls around i unfortunately was not smart enough to start collecting lures back then crazysmilie .

I am fortunate enough to know Steve Kovacs & have taken him fishing a few times & a better bloke you couldn't meet.

There is no paranoia with him when asking him a million questions regarding lure making & you can learn more in 10 mins from him than you could in a year of tinkering by yourself.

Ken.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Fizza. wrote:1993 it was Rob, long time ago now and some good memories clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Fizza ,

Good memories alright.......

One thing I will never ever forget was when I grabbed Ken and took him to our cabin to meet and talk with Harro.

Ken told me afterwards that it was his dream come true to be able to talk to his hero , and legend Harro. Some upstart supposed lure makers frowned upon Ken's lures , but harro put it best.....Rough BUT Tough ,and real fish catchers. He even used one for a while during the comp.

Ken was over the moon to receive to feed-back from Harro , and genuine friendships were formed. We stayed in contact from then until not long before his passing . Ken was a "Blokes Bloke " and a real bushy , no bullsh*t or pretence , you got what you saw. Made it easy to like him !!

I would say by the reports from many regular fisho's to fish Mulwala , and the fella's I met at the comp in the 2 years I fished there , that kens lures were rated amongst the top 3 fish catchers in Mulwala. The other 2 were Stump-jumpers and Steve Kovac's. The "Seekers had a large following amongst those who could fish .

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:24 pm

KEN1980 wrote:Rob i would have only been 13 years old in 1993 & whilst old enough to chase a few girls around i unfortunately was not smart enough to start collecting lures back then crazysmilie .

I am fortunate enough to know Steve Kovacs & have taken him fishing a few times & a better bloke you couldn't meet.

There is no paranoia with him when asking him a million questions regarding lure making & you can learn more in 10 mins from him than you could in a year of tinkering by yourself.

Ken.
G'day Ken ,
Just saw your post after I entered mine.....we must have been typing at the same time.

WOW.... 13 in 1993 , I was almost a quarter of a century older mate .. lol lol lol

Steve Kovac's , yes I agree , really nice bloke and very approachable. I only had a little to do with him , at meal and drinks times because we fished pretty hard. He certainly was a talented lure crafter , and had some beauties.

Your right about lure collecting back in 1993.....funny thing is , I started collecting about 10 years before then. But don't worry....I was the strange one back then for collecting. Now look at the IDIOTS that collect... lol lol lol lol .

I don't collect any more , and haven't for a long time......so am I normal now lol lol lol . Not sure , but don't care crazysmilie

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Normal Rob ???

nope nope nope nope

Albert

KEN1980
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by KEN1980 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 pm

So Rob now that you no longer collect , do you still have a collection ?

i still cast around my scuds & hot rods chasing cod & yellas ...best casting lures i own & i own enough lures that i may have to start towing another boat as a tackle box lol

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 am

G'day Ken ,
NO..... I have no collection of any sort of lures , except for the one I fish with. They are mostly plastic , but a hand full of timber surface & bass lures.
My young bloke has a reasonably good collection of my old lures , and we worked together to set his up. With a young family ( 2 little girls under 4 years ) he has slowed down a bit lately.

Towing a boat around as your tackle box....... are you sure that your not related to Fizza lol lol

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Return to “Custom Crafted Lures”