A "Bakers-Dozen"

RMG Lures
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

A "Bakers-Dozen"

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 am

As a follow-on to Col Seller's .....Bakers Kra story,

When Col approached me a few weeks ago to make a few Rob Gaden versions of the legendary Keith Baker "Kra's".....he supplied me with only photo's of the lures he liked. Working off the photo's , with no actual specimen to compere to was a little difficult. So I sent Col progress photo's from time to time for his appraisal. During this time....Col came up with the idea of me carving a " Baker-Dozen" as a 1off tribute to Keith Bakers remarkable talent.
After several conversations & a meeting in my workshop to decide the particular "Cray " to be done , the wheels were in motion. Col's idea....in sticking with the bakers-dozen theme means there will be 13 lures done.
Of the 13 lures being done...12 will be offered for sale. The lures will be on the high-end of the price scale @ $375 each for a 1 in 13 only lure. At that price , not every one will want or be able to afford one , so another of Col's idea;s was to offer 1 as a raffle prize to L&M members.
The raffle will work like this....
1. 25 tickets @ $20 each to be sold.....all ticket money to be paid into L&M account ( for site running cost )
2. maximum of 5 tickets per member.
3 Once all 25 tickets are sold....all ticket purchasers names will be put in a hat , and in the presence of myself & at least 2 other members ( hopefully Neb & lofty ) ....Col will draw the winner. That person will receive there lure on completion of the project as their prize.
4. This would mean even those member with not much money , gets a collectable lure....while also helping with the running expences of the L&M site.
5. Mully will supply Col & myself with a list of members who have purchased & paid for their tickets for the prize draw. ( he doesn't know this yet....but im sure he wont mind )

I will post progress photo's of the project some time today , and more progress photo's each day until completion. A whisper of the "Bakers-Dozen " leaked out on saturday...and 5 of the 12 lures to be offered have already been taken. So if you are interested...& the lure takes your fancy , you can PM me.

The "Bakers-dozen" lures will be very similar to the lure below ( done last week )....but it will be slightly different , and in a different colour. All lures will be on their own display plinth .....numbered & signed.
Good luck to the ticket holders ....hopefully all tickets are taken up quickly.

IMG_4285.JPG

paypal - mully@lureandmore.com

BSB- 805050
account number - 63215089
account name - Paul T
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: A "Bakers-Dozen"

Post by aussbasstony » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 am

I'll take 2 tickets please, Mully or someone post up the bank details and I will deposit monies !

Oh Nice lure and great Idea clapclap

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 am

Fantastic idea Rob,and a great looking lure clapclap You can put me down for two tickets as well. thumbsupsmilie

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SNAFU » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:55 am

I would also like to have 2 tickets pls if any are left..bank deposit or internet banking...awsome looking lure clapclap clapclap

SNAF!!!

callop catcher
Expert
Expert

Post by callop catcher » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 am

Just the 1 ticket for me please thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Stephen

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 am

A few progress photo's...looks like I have put them in reverse..Sorry. crazysmilie crazysmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

as usual your too kind bowsmilie i have added the bank and paypal details at the bottom of Robs post.Thank you Rob and Col I know you were behind it also im really amazed at your generosity....

paypal - mully@lureandmore.com

BSB- 805050
account name - Paul T

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Rob, Your not doing to bad for a lure maker that is tired and almost retired, I would be happy to assist..Nev

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 am

Thanks Nev....pretty soon i'll be able to come down and annoy yourself & the tomato grower and go fishing.

"Bakers-dozen"...ready for undercoating !
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SNAFU » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm

BSB- 805050
account name - Paul T

Thanks guys i transfered my $40.00 for my 2 tickets this afternoon 19/7/2011 in the above account and put the Reference as SNAFU,i can't wait to win an awsome lure yay yay

SNAF!!!

Return to “RMG Lures”