Expression's of interest needed

RMG Lures
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Re: Expression's of interest needed

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu May 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Anniversary Set Progress: Bibs Under Construction!
IMG_3985.JPG
G'day Fella's , starting to cut bib's out for each model. With laser & router cutters available these days , I could have taken the easy way out , but that would be cheating . So i'm doing it all the old ( hard ) way...and reckon these old tin-snips could be the same ones I used all those years ago. All you blokes out there that have fiddled around and made a few lures would know its a bastard of a job , but I want to stick with the totally hand made theme.
Ive got to thank you blokes for the encouragement & support you have given me , for what was just an idea not so long ago. Its hard to stay focused on my normal work ( lure making of course ....but all plastic ) so im seriously looking at taking 5 or 6 weeks holidays so I can really sink my teeth into this project. I feel 20 odd years younger with all the carving and cutting and fileing , but my hands feel like they are 80......& about to divorce my arms.
After talking with Rupe on the w/end , we decided that a special set would be made ( call it set 31 ) and presented to a person on this site , at no cost , in appreciation for the pleasure they give to all that use the site. The person in question will not be named until all the sets are finished , although , they know who they are. I dont like secrets ... but on this occasion my lips are sealed......
The sets numbered 1 - 5 were always going to be kept by family members , and I was going to keep 5 sets for myself ( to offer or sell in years to come ) but the up date is as follows.... the 20 sets up for grabs have been gone / accounted for since yesterday morning . And i have even parted with a few of my sets , so I would like to thank you all again for your interest and support.
Will post more progress photo's along the way Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rellik-doc-rob on Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Rob thanks for the update on the anniversary set . . . good stuff

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu May 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Rob,

Looking good mate and thanks for the update, but i have to say that third bib in from the right in not level mate, start again nahnah

And you posted a picture also is a great acheivenment also. thumbsupsmilie

A very nice gesture on the 31st set Rob and the lucky person would be drooling all the way to his ManBling Cave thumbsupsmilie

Keep us all updated Rob.

Cheers Tony

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri May 14, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks Tony....but i cannot take credit for posting the photo....the smarter Rob did that for me lol lol crazysmilie
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri May 14, 2010 8:38 am

Good stuff Rob.

I am sure the helpful chap will be more than thrilled and a great gesture.

Look forward to seeing completed sets and hearing the excited tales from those who are lucky enough to receive them thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie .

Also look forward to seeing progress shots. 30 years is a big deal.

Cheers

SB

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Sun May 16, 2010 7:18 am

Rob,good to see you are sticking to the old ways.Is it possible to keep all the offcuts of the bibs as well as the wires.I know you will keep the shavings to go with the finished products.
Great stuff and thankyou for the update.Regards Barry

bassman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by bassman » Tue May 18, 2010 4:28 pm

I know there all spoken for but if you have any to spare I would be interested
Thanks

tooch
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by tooch » Tue May 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi Rob, well Done thirty years making lures is a real Milestone. Tooch (Pete). clapclap clapclap clapclap
Last edited by Mully on Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic promotion of own products

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Sat May 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Damm. zippedsmilie zippedsmilie zippedsmilie , I go away fishing for a couple of weeks and miss everything..Nev

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Mon May 24, 2010 11:09 am

PHOTO DIARY UPDATE:

All bibs cut & ready...

bibs1.jpg
bibs2.jpg
One by one...slowly but surely...the sets are getting finished
sets1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Return to “RMG Lures”