Marked for bandsaw:
20.jpg
Ready to carve:
21.jpg
Sanding time:
22.jpg
Glued - undercoat is next:
23.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Re: Expression's of interest needed

Post by Stephen Booth » Mon May 10, 2010 8:06 am

Rob

Great to see you're keeping it in line with your original stuff - that's what anniversaries are about. IMO your paint work is part of what makes your lures yours.

This is all very exciting clapclap clapclap

oog663
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Post by oog663 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks Rob for the update,
Thanks Rupe for your Technical input,
I agree with your choice of finishes, clapclap clapclap
Cheers Steve
*** Neighbours Cats make nice Hats ***

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Rob what ballpark figure $$$ wise are we looking at a few may need to put aside a few bucks before the announcement their ready,,, plus im curious also

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm glad you decided to stick with some old colours and patterns Rob as well as a few more modern patterns clapclap .Also good to have a preview of the shapes you've decided to make.Theres a few in that lot that I don't have but have always wanted thumbsupsmilie .

Quinny
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm

I meant to post before that some of the shavings from each set will be in the box as well as the razor blade used to carve THAT set...
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue May 11, 2010 12:03 am

Mully wrote:Rob what ballpark figure $$$ wise are we looking at a few may need to put aside a few bucks before the announcement their ready,,, plus im curious also
oi your avoiding my question ya buggas

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue May 11, 2010 6:01 am

Mully wrote:
Mully wrote:Rob what ballpark figure $$$ wise are we looking at a few may need to put aside a few bucks before the announcement their ready,,, plus im curious also
oi your avoiding my question ya buggas
Sorry Mully....I only go on the site when im at work ( usually between 4.30 am & 5 pm ) ....when I get home , I dont usually use the computer.

How much will the box sets be ???? ....to be honest , I dont really know yet . The costs of the cases , certificate , Polycarb lids , etc...etc... is yet to be costed , so I really dont know. There are now going to be 11 lures in each set ...and that 11th lure is going to be a surprise ( No detail until the project is finished ). What i can tell you is that each anniversary box set will be around $1000 - $1200 .
I admit that its alot of money , but for 11 lures & the fact that there is only ever going to be 30 of them , i dont think it is unreasonable. To come up with that figure , i have spoken to a few collectors .....and interested people on this site , and none of them have bauked at that price.

No-body that has expressed interest in the sets is obligated in anyway at all........when they are finished , I will offer them up at a set price , and only then will they be locked in as the owner of a set. I would like to thank all those again who have showed interest in them , and can tell you that PM's through the site ....& private emails to me have the number of people wanting a set at 47 names. This may change when they see the price , but there are only 20 available for selling , therefore I think they will be snapped up pretty quickly. ( 6 buyers have already committed ....knowing that the price will as ive just stated )

Jumping the gun a bit , as it will be month's away before they will be ready.....but your question on price is fair and reasonable Mully thanks Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue May 11, 2010 6:34 am

Thanks Rob for clearing it up now save the pennys those who asked me if i knew i didn't lol but now there is a dam good answer for those questions ,,,thanks again Rob thumbsupsmilie for clearing it all up

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue May 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Bugger zippedsmilie what did I miss???
there wasn't anything at 6:45 this morning when i looked at robs reply re price.

I HATE HAVING TO GO TO WORK AND MISSING ALL THE GOSS zippedsmilie
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “RMG Lures”