My Timber RMG's

RMG Lures
Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Re: My Timber RMG's

Post by Baz » Wed May 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Not sure if Rowdy still visits the site but if you do please take off the yellow glow in the dark plastic tubing off the trebles on your lures mate. had it on some of my lures and where it was touching the lure body it started to damage the paint.Luckily I got onto it before any major damage occured.There must be something toxic in the tubing as it also eats away at the plastic that lure stands are made of.The result looks similar to a non wormproof plastic tackle box that has had SP's put into it.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed May 12, 2010 6:05 pm

send him a pm or email if he doesn't answer mate its for the good of all i have ordered from him also in the past

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm

he went to NZ with a new lady friend to live apparently. havent heard from him in a long while. some of the ones I got off him had plastic tubing on the hooks but I took the trebles off them as soon as i got them.
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Not much chance of getting hold of him if he's in NZ.Hopefully this may alert anyone else who has this tubing on their lures.Don't like to see any old timber lures damaged, unless of course it's by a big old Cod.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed May 12, 2010 8:50 pm

got any cww cww cww lures ill have em all droolsmilie

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu May 13, 2010 5:45 am

Hey Quinny......I have been removing the trebles off Rupes & my lures that we collect.....put them in little plastic-bags ...and catalogue what lure they came off , for future reference. But thanks for the warning , as you know....we have bought a reasonably large parcel of the said lures over the last year or so Thanks
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 am

No worries Rob.Wouldn't like to see anyones little treasures damaged.Might think about doing the same with my lures and remove the trebles.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 am

Quinny,
Thanks for the 'heads-up' on plastic tubing, can't be certain what chemicals can leech from some products.
Reminds me of someone here who was storing their collection in those foam Brocolli boxes you find at the grocers.
My son stored his Xbox cables in one, ate the covering of the cables, same could happen to paint finishes.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Thu May 13, 2010 7:01 pm

I think its just the glow in the dark tubing that affects the finish.I use small diameter clear plastic tubing on most of my lures now and have had no dramas with it.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 am

Quinny wrote:I think its just the glow in the dark tubing that affects the finish.I use small diameter clear plastic tubing on most of my lures now and have had no dramas with it.
Quinny....thats just making it hard for me to find your lures in the dark when i break into & rob your house......... -duh -duh
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Return to “RMG Lures”