Dieter Maiberg Swimbaits

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Dieter Maiberg Swimbaits

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Received today an awesome set of Dieter Maiberg swimbait's. Simply, they exceeded my expectations in every way - they are a nicely weighted lure, the smaller swimbait is 100mm and 20 gms and the larger 130 mm and 36 gms.The workmanship is outstanding and the swimming action (pool test) was stunning. One other impressive feature was the way the 2 piece swimbait slowed sank in a perfect horizontal position thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

I can only see one issue .... they are simply too good to be fished lol lol crazysmilie

Thankyou Diemai bowsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Re: Dieter Maiberg Swimbaits

Post by brolly » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Wow they sure look impressive. clapclap I can't wait to see them hanging out of fish lol

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 pm

They need hooks on them to catch fish.

Very nice work in those swimbaits.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 am

Simon .... these are works of art - It's gong to be very hard for me to put the trebles back on them, then again, the action is so damn good they really should be fished thumbsupsmilie crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 am

Dieter's workmanship is stunning . . . havn't swum mine yet either!!

His designs are original and effective, attention to detail is second to none

clapclap clapclap

MXB
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Just saw this headline and I could not believe my eyes , ...........makes me blush and is rather a bit embarrassing to me !

Anyway , mates , thanks a lot for your kind words , I do appreciate them very much , though my humble work is lightyears away from perfection !

I can't make up my mind on investing in airbrush gear trying to achieve a more professional look of my baits , these modelmaking enamels are something that I'm used to from my childhood days assembling "Airfix" military models , and I also haven't yet taken the time for detailed carvings on my lures , I am rather more interested in technical aspects both of proper function of lures and working procedures of shaping their blanks .

Mass production of one and the same model becomes boring to me very soon , I always like to try out new and different designs , constructions and models , no matter what type of a lure this would be !

But nevertheless I am feeling kinda honoured by your statements in here ,..... words that I never did expect to hear about my humble trials to fool predatory fish , ........meantime in a rather more international scale now !

Thank you so much , .........greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Mate .... don't change a thing, the 'look' is unique and different - stay on a good thing, cause they are stunning both in and out of the water thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Dieter,
Your lures look good mate, I'm knocking out a few barra lures, I'm retired have time on my hands, don't sell them just give to barra fishing mates.
Thought I'd get an air-brush one day, they're cheap enough but the compressors are dear. Anyway, I've been getting reject auto acrylics from a student mate of my sons who works part-time at Autobarn. I'm finding my finishes achieved by pressure-pac are turning out OK, I'll post a few pics in the relevant area in the future. Might delay the air-brush, having fun without.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:32 am

@ barraguru

I usually utilize spraycans for painting as well , but last autumn I had some issues with a bunch of about 10 lures , had to strip all paint down on them again , as the paint layers had started to crack up just as I was about to topcoat them -duh !

Never had that happen to that extend , don't even know , why it happened , since I am using these paint cans for years , ..........I can only hazard a guess , that I did not let the initial layers underneath dry thoroughly ??? .

Anyway , since I haven't touched those spraycans again , the anger about the messed up lures sits deep zippedsmilie .............but some day I will surely try again thumbsupsmilie lol !

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:38 am

Here's a couple more . . .

Exceptional clapclap clapclap
phpgV4GYGPM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”