vivif lure france

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: vivif lure france

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:51 am

Hi Broxx, Welcome to Lure & More

Vivif Minnows were made in France, but marketed mainly in the US by Panther Martin. They date from the early 60's thruogh to early 70's when the US made soft Plastics reined supreme. I'm not sure how many made it to Aust, but they seem to have been available here at some time.
Panther Martin re-introduced the range in 2004 using a Chinese made version, that still features the distinctive 'Heart' shaped tail. From what I heard back, they are a favoured lure by the NT guys chasing Barra.
Vivif Collection 151107.jpg
Heres some of my collection of them, including the newer version either side at top and a copy made by Weber Lures (US) called the Fifi on the bottom LH.

Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

diemai
Master
Master

Re: vivif lure france

Post by diemai » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:25 pm

I have never seen these , but at a glance they remind me to the design of some soft lures by "Sosy" , also supposively French made .

In particular it's that distinctive double hook at the belly side , .......but body shapes are different , also the "Sosy's are segmented , if my memory serves me right , .........have seen them in a 2005 catalog once .

Seems , that they are made after these ones shown , as they are surely older !

PS : ....just noticed , that there is a "Sosy" posted in this topic section already , ....sorry -duh !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”