Kilroys

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
laz
Guru
Guru

Re: Kilroys

Post by laz » Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Deimai i have never fished the Kilroys yet so i was wondering whats to stop the lure from rotating around your fishing line is it just water pressure or what

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 10:46 pm

@ laz

Never fished such lures either , but I suppose , that they should have a built-in balance not to rotate ????

But if the diving bill is not 100% angular , it might happen , I guess ?

They seem to have a flat plane on their bellies , maybe one could stick some of those "Storm" suspendots onto these to provide a little keel weight ?

Such weights can also be easily homemade ,..... by sticking some clean roofing lead sheet(bare of any corrosion ,- or old paint layers) onto one side of double-sided carpet tape .

Leaving the second protective foil on that taped lead sheet , you can always cut out the sizes needed with scissors , peel off the foil and stick'em onto your lures .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sun May 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks for info .catch ya

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun May 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Laz,
If I can find mine in time I'll swim it down the river with Mully at the end of the week and get some footage. I'm pretty sure Mully wants to get footage of a heap of different lures thumbsupsmilie

The other thing to think about with these is the fact that they are basically being "pushed" through the water from the rear just the same as Tassy Devil style lures. I can't see em spinning if swum at the correct speed for the lure if that all makes sense.

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 am

Good on ya mate clapclap

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm

I've used a few of the Kilroys in the past and never had any trouble with them spinning in the water.I'd say that they have some ballast in the belly of the lure to prevent this.They were good on the trout as Frank mentioned.Caught censored loads of Rainbows in the Cudgegong on them.

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Mon May 04, 2009 6:32 pm

i've never swum any of mine so i dont know how they swim .I was just wondering what kept them from spinning around your line .catch ya

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Mon May 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Baz is right. They don't spin at normal retrieve or troll rates. And they are a good lure.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:17 pm

And they came in a couple of different sizes ..... thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Here's a page out of my Norwegian Lures Catalogue which was distributed by E.J. Todd & Son Imports to promote lures made by Solvkroken. Hope it helps with your quest for info about these lures.
Solvkroken Killroy Resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”