Devon Minnow style lures

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
Vince

Devon Minnow style lures

Post by Vince » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Probably some of these are not made in the UK but most of them were so this looks like the place to put them.
The bodies of the top lures are all made of paper

IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: Devon Minnow style lures

Post by simon bruce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Nice collection Vince.

I guess Devon minnow got used the same way we now call skid steer loaders Bobcats which probably says a lot about that particular style of lure.

Noticed even your Pfleuger box had Devon minnow written on it.

bass_n_b.o.b

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:41 pm

YEP there cool i like old devons too .......... clapclap clapclap

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 am

Nice collection Vince. Some very old lures amongst them suckers cobba clapclap clapclap

Hate thinking about how many similar lures I left on snags etc in resevoirs & the Campaspe river as a kid all those milleniums ago crazysmilie crazysmilie

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Many of the devons that are in Australia are of UK parentage or influence, but there are an awful lot that come from the Great lakes region of the US and are known as McGinty Devons or similar.

The ones in your first photo are McGinty style.

I actually have a reference book on Devon lures. Need a bigger bookcase (or a life....)

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Fri May 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Best ya cme fishin with the rest of us next weekend Frank, -yup might be just the kick start hhyp hhyp ya lookin for lol lol lol

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Fizza

I have ACTUALLY been fishing!!!! Rare event indeed.

Got 40 brown trout to 8lb and four Chinhook salmon in NZ, then got some Australian salmon to over 7 kilograms around Rottnest on a father/daughter fishnig trip and then last week was in Wagga Wagga where I got three trout cod and a Murray cod (dropped a couple of other Murray's) in the Bidgee on spinnerbaits. All went well until trolling motor hit snag and Prokop hit water.....

Still a truly memorable three weeks and thinking of sneaking down for some big redfin or hitting the bream to keep the streak going.

Have a beer for me guys!!!!

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Fri May 01, 2009 2:59 pm

I'm lol me assy off Frank, Hope ya had ya floaties on. thumbsupsmilie

You need to organise a trip with Heath {lure crazy} -yup I'm sure you two would be a perfect match swttt sorta like -withstupid respectsign You 2 could trade tales of woe lol lol

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Yeah, yeah. I have a million of 'em over the years. Mainly involving broken rods and falling into the water.

Won't even talk about the time I sallowed a goldfish on a bet to see what it felt like to the fish......

I really take my research seriously!! iidiot iidiot iidiot blahblah iidiot iidiot iidiot

Vince

Post by Vince » Fri May 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Frank.

Thanks for the info on the Minnows thumbsupsmilie & the other stuff lol lol lol .

Fizza.

I don`t think we should be inflicting Heath on anyone really. lol lol lol lol

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”