Its Chubby Time...

Station49
Guru
Guru

Its Chubby Time...

Post by Station49 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Howdy guys,

went out for a flick yesterday morning/lunchtime/arvo... well most of the day really..

Started off as "Operation Surface Bream", and although i was getting strikes on the PX45, for some reason i couldnt get the trebles to stick.... more practice required..

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i got the jack of not catching anything, so i whipped out my chubby (pun intended), and started casting... In the next hours fishing with the silver/black chubster on i managed to hook around 25 fish and landed most of them, including this 40cm breamski...

Love those chubbys, have almost ever colour in the deeps and working on the shallows.... ;)
Macca

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm

who else has some good shots of the Jackall Chubbys in action??

Ive caught bream, STs, whiting, schoolies, trout & redfin on them, and im sure there are others that could add to that list!
Macca

junior_fisho
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by junior_fisho » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:54 pm

great stuff station i really wanna try those in melbourne i have a similar one but the river to sea version havent used it much though

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:53 pm

thinking i may have to confiscate that rod back Macca, seems to be the lucky 1 of the 2 !!! might send mine over and you can touch it and send it back ! bowsmilie

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Nice one macca thumbsupsmilie Dont complain HR he doesnt even use the other rod that was made for him!(well i havent ever see it used) He must be in love with yours HR.

Chop

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 pm

hahaha your right Chop, the Loomis has been left home a fair bit.... Cant go past the Stalker for a great fight. bowsmilie

Generally only take the loomis if im targetting slightly larger beasties.
Macca

aussie dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aussie dave » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 pm

good session macca well done thumbsupsmilie bad luck about the surface lures, keep it up any youll get fish on em howdy

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 am

cheers dave, yeah gonna wait for a day when the water is a bit flatter... was quite choppy.... so i suspect this wasnt helping... also noticed the bream may have been just grabbing and tugging on those "feelers" on the PX???
Macca

Elvis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Elvis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Love the chubbys. I've got about 35 deeps, about 15 shallows, and several of the 'cherry' models, that are slightly larger.

Station- that Silver/black back one you have there. Is that a new addition to your box, or do you know where any are in stock ?

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Those chubbys are great lures for sure Macca only thing I don't like about them is their hooks nope The bodys are awesome yay

Nice fish mate thumbsupsmilie

Id rather take my rex hunt special than one of those crappy HR thingys lol lol lol crazysmilie crazysmilie

Return to “Other Japan Lures Not Listed”