Native Spirit Sugoi

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Native Spirit Sugoi

Post by jimmymate » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Here is what is left of my Sugoi's. Awesome lure, wish I still had some of my poppers.
sugoi.jpg
James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Native Spirit Sugoi

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 am

clapclap Jimmy,
I know what you mean about the poppers, I have about 5 Splash2 mini's left and 7 Splash 2 which I guard carefully.
I know some blokes that would love to get hold of those Pencils, they work a treat on Barra in the Hinchinbrook thumbsupsmilie

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Hang onto those mini splash's Brad they are a great popper. Lost my last one last trip to the central east coast on a bloody whitting. cccc crazysmilie They have gone for some serious dollars when they come up, which is not too often.

I'll keep that info in mind if I make it up north to fish for barra sometime. thumbsupsmilie Although they are in packets I will fish them if need be.

James

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:46 pm

James, Yes I have seen some big dollars spent on the few that came up on the 'bay, pretty silly for a lure that retailed around the $14 mark lol

I was most fortunate to be the sales agent for the importer, and we really had to "sell" them to the shops, this was just before the explosion of Jackal on the Oz public, but by the time the stocks had almost run out, the 'guru's were chasing any one they could get hold of. The Vibes and Vibe Shaman are brilliant on impoundment bass and yellows, and Flathead and Estuary Cod just love those minnows. My PB Bream was caught on a Crank Knuckle and I forget how many Flatties I have bagged with the Crank Rodeo. Thank god I managed to snag a whole bunch of the run outs and original samples clapclap

As far as i know some of the original Sugoi moulds were used for the Kinami brand lures, which are accredited to Gary's son Derek, but we don't see much of them over here zippedsmilie

Cheers Brad
acta non verba

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info Brad, my mate has a heap of the Knuckles, might need to tell him there no good and aquire them for my box lol

I can vouch for the vibes with natives, Ive caught a couple of rippin Yella's on the vibes. thumbsupsmilie

James

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 pm

James, ohhh yeah !!!!! the Shaman Vibe also trolls well, a presentation not often utilised. The cup on top of the forehead acts like a bib and at normal walking pace the lure will get down to about 8-10ft ( A similar weight Lucky or Jackal will troll at 6 ft). Picked up some kickin Bass over shallow humps doing that thumbsupsmilie
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:17 am

i own quite a few also top lures and great finish on them also clapclap

Return to “Other Japan Lures Not Listed”