Frogs Frogs Frogs!!

MXB
Master
Master

Frogs Frogs Frogs!!

Post by MXB » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi all . . .

Here's few lures I've been waiting for . . . here's the story! Bought at auction from a reputable company, in fact the biggest sporting collecible auction house in the world. They packed these up beautifully as usual and boxed the stuff and when it was sent from the post office in the USA it was sent to Argentina instead of Australia (as we all know Argentina is in the southern hemisphere however it is also the country in the drop down box on a computer before Australia!). An honest mistake or the mistake of a moron meant I went into damage control when I tracked the items and found the package had safely arrived in Beunos Aires!!

Luckily it was returned and finally made it to me . . . just to let you all know Priority post via Argentina takes 2 and half months zippedsmilie zippedsmilie

Any way I think my favourite lure of all time has finally arrived . . .the earliest wooden version of the Froglegs lure from Austin Texas by the Modern Sporting Goods Company has plastic moving legs;

These lures were not made for long in wood before going to the plastic versions which I will show later;

With insert which I found ripped in bottom of box under the lure mount

Also there is another company from Michagan that made frog lures - the Halik Frog
Also had movable legs and a realistic action. Floating lure;

This is the largest size

There was also 2 smaller sized ones that had different paperwork and slight differences in the boxes;

The box and paperwork includes the full insert;

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Frogs Frogs Frogs!!

Post by diemai » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

@ MXB

Very interesting lures , ...........just kinda crazy what some designers came up with in attempt to catch more fish(or even only more fishos ?)

Sorry about that little detour lol , ........guess that's our tribute to modern times and media nowadays that some people are getting on decline about proper reading and writing lol !

Thanks for sharing , .......greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”