A.C. Shiners

Jerk_Bait
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

A.C. Shiners

Post by Jerk_Bait » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 am

New member here in the USA. How many american members are on here?

Anybody collect and use A.C. Shiners? Thee best smallmouth stream fishing lure out there.

MXB
Master
Master

Re: A.C. Shiners

Post by MXB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi and welcome to L&M;
Yes there are a few members from USA.
Yes I do collect a few Action Certified Shiners - havn't used them much but might now with your recomendation. Any good on trout in rivers??

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Jerk_Bait
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Jerk_Bait » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome MXB!!

I fish small rivers that are wading depth, casting to Smallmouth Bass, Muskys and panfish. I have sevreal different models but prefer models 250, 375 and 450. Although I have several different colors in more than a half dozen models, I prefer.... Sunfish, orang belly/perch and Perch. Also the gold sided with or without orange belly. Happened upon great timing in the last week and hooked 18 fish in less than an hour an a half. Although expensive lures, they are the only constantly successfull lure I have found! Try 'em out!

I'm glad to find this site, I have many hundreds of different hard lures of most every American brand. I had searched for a forum of this type before but didn't find this one. Now i'm hooked ;)

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Jerk_Bait wrote:Thanks for the welcome MXB!!

I'm glad to find this site, I have many hundreds of different hard lures of most every American brand. I had searched for a forum of this type before but didn't find this one. Now i'm hooked ;)

Welcome in here , mate thumbsupsmilie , .............hope , that you're gonna put up some pictures of your lure armory some day , ..........almost every American brand , ........sounds pretty interesting thumbsupsmilie !

greetz from Germany , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Jerk_Bait
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Jerk_Bait » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 am

Believe it or not, here is the only picture of any my lures I have, but when I get some new equipment, I am looking forward to adding alot of pictures on here, as I enjoy looking at everyone elses.

This is a picture of a big Kennedy 6 tray metal box filled up with the usual suspects, looks like the bottome row is full of Heddon Cobras, I see some Dalton Specials and Creme Mad Dads, Rebel Buzz Frog, Heddon Vamp, River Runts and Heddon Hi-Tail, Tad Pollys, and Heddon Cousins as well as a Tiger or 2. Looks like a Heddon Crazy Crawler and some of the Heddon Chuggers and a lucky 13.

The second row on the right in the 2nd or 3rd compartment is a Jitter-mouse and a Pflueger Pal-o-mine

In the bottom is lures from the shop of Sam Griffin, who has made Florida type lures for Luhr Jenson and himself for 50 years.

The left side of that box is filled with old propellor lures, like Woodchoppers and such. I fancy topwater prop baits. :)

All this talk makes me want to open up my boxes and start taking pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jerk_Bait
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Jerk_Bait » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 am

I should have said I have some of the more popular American fishing brands. For sure not a start at every brand.

I did open my boxes and came up with 45 Rapalas, took some pictures and then my camera died, found a few more Rapalas after that. I did a quick count and have no more than 700 hard lures, but I've only been collecting for 6 years, during the next few months I'll try to pick up a better camera and set up some good lighting for some pictures, I love to look at them better than anything. Thanks again for the welcomes!

Jerk_Bait
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Jerk_Bait » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 am

picture test

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 am

Good photo . . . good lures thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

MXB
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:43 pm

@ Jerk_bait

Very nice old and old-style lures , ....I like these pretty much !

I'm familiar to most of them by book pictures , but I only own two of those models , that are in your collection as well !

But it seems to me , that not ALL are American lures , .....I've clearly identified an "ABU Hi-Lo" at the top right of your tackle box picture , ....that one is Swedish designed and made . ........though there was a business connection between "ABU" and "Heddon" back then , I'm not sure , whether "Heddon" made these distinctive lures with their adjustable lip as well , .........but certainly "ABU" took over the lure design after the old "Heddon Vamp"(which was on the market way before the "Hi-Lo",..... shaped same way , but with a rigid lip) , only added their patended adjustable lip to it .

Anyway , please correct me if I'm wrong , ........can't read the marking on that lure on the picture , ....does it say "ABU Sweden" or "Heddon"?

thanks for sharing bowsmilie , .....greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Dieter, its a Heddon Vamp Spook ( I use Firefox and it allows magnification of the pics here) It has the standard nickel plated lip attached at both sides and 1 under the chin.

@ Jerk bait, I see you have a liking for Yellow Shore in the Heddons clapclap have a look back in the Heddon thread and you should find my collection of Heddon Runts and Vamps all in Yellow Shore droolsmilie I reckon it would be the most comprehensive outside the US of A thumbsupsmilie

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”