Paul Bunyan lures

MXB
Master
Master

Paul Bunyan lures

Post by MXB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Check these out . . . one of my personal favuorites . . . awsome showpiece lures in and out of the box. Paul Bunyan is an American folk hero who was a sort of pipe smoking, lumberjack type that typified American 50's culture and was promoted in the media in USA.

They became Paul Bunyan 66 feathered spinners
phpjceDt2AM.jpg
phpulQMKwAM.jpg
yay howdy yay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Paul Bunyan lures

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Awesome looking lures, great pics ... thanks for the insight clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie

Cheers

Rob
Cheers Rob

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 pm

very nice indeed thanks for the look i think the redfin would like to chew on them

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Spot on Mully . . . I've actually caught Redfin on the small red version . . . not the one in the box!!!

clapclap clapclap
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Paul Bunyan was a giant sized lumberjack who could harvest entire forests wih one swing of his mighty axe. His companion was a giant blue ox. They are prominent in folklore in Minnesota and its region which also made many different lures.

My favourite is the Weever - one of the Runt type lures with a series of ridges across the back.

Very nice lures and the packaging is great too!!

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Jigmaster wrote:Paul Bunyan was a giant sized lumberjack who could harvest entire forests wih one swing of his mighty axe. His companion was a giant blue ox. They are prominent in folklore in Minnesota and its region which also made many different lures.

My favourite is the Weever - one of the Runt type lures with a series of ridges across the back.

Very nice lures and the packaging is great too!!
Yeh you are right they do look good the Weevers. It was funny the other night on a Simpsons re-run (and I never watch the Simpsons), there was an episode that caught my eye where Homer Simpson was a big dumb Paul Bunyan and had his companian blue ox which destroyed forests with one foul swoop. It was a tale recalled by a homeless man stowaway on the train and they referred to Minnesota!!

Paul Bunyan was bigger than I ever imagined!!

lol lol

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:10 am

Back in the mid 1960's my parents took me to a small park in Brainerd Minnesota that was dedicated to Paul and Babe.

Since then the park got moved to east of Brainerd...and here's the website for the park...

http://www.paulbunyanland.com/

I have a bunch of Paul Bunyan lure stuff...if you are interested send me a PM with and email addy...and I'll send you pics of what I have ???

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Here's another type of Paul Bunyan lure that Jigmaster mentioned earlier in this thread;

The Weever - a ripple backed runt style lure in a very attractive yellow pattern w/ correct box;

And the belly markings;

Hope you like because I do thumbsupsmilie

MXB

howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm

And another coloured 66 spinner;

MXB

howdy howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 am

And a Paul Bunyan ' Dodger' . . . another quality lure from the 1950's complete with sparkling rhinestone eyes;

MXB

howdy

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”