Nils Masters lures from Finland

Nilsmaster
marjastaja
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Nils Masters lures from Finland

Post by marjastaja » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 am

Hello,

i just wanted to drop a friendly line here.

I'm from Finland, and if someone would like to have some information about Nils Masters or some other finnish lure, just ask and i'll try to figure it out.

I know some finnish lure webshops also if someone is interested.

best regards,
marjastaja (the berry picker)

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Nils Masters lures from Finland

Post by Mully » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm

thank you sir and welcome to the forum clapclap

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:27 am

@ marjastaja

..............so sorry bowsmilie bowsmilie , ...must have overlooked your initial post right from the start , ..........so finally I'm speaking out a belated "Welcome to LureAndMore" to you !

I have a swapped a few lures from Finnish lurecarvers before and I'm a great fan of your native Finnish lure art , ....if you look through the forums , you will find some topics about Finnish lures in here .

Indeed I would be interested in Finnish lure webshops , .......in particular such that also sell luremaking accessories , ....so it would be geat , if you would call back in ........!

Off course I also own a couple of "NilsMaster" lures as well !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

marjastaja
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by marjastaja » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello all again!

Thanks for warm welcome. This is why i love fishing-people!

I had received a couple of PM's but unfortunately i cannot answer these because i'm new in the forum and my postcount isn't enough. How many posts i have to make so that i can answer to personal messages?

Diemai:

Finland has no webshops, where one can buy luremaking products. Well ok, we got one, but i have to tell you that it is no good, too few products to start with. I must admit, i have a personal urge to start selling luremaking accessories extensively! In Finland, luremakers makes their body from wood, then sends it to the "carving machine man" and he makes more of those bodies, thats the way.

About finnish webshops; one very finnish lure seller is http://kalastustarvike.net. But it's finnish atm, there is no english for language selection.

Same guys who runs that store, have another e-shop for english speaking people. It is called Finnish Lure Store, http://finnishlures.com It is brand new storefront, and the lure descriptions are on their way. Mostly descriptions are still in finnish, unfortunately.

There you have some native-finnish handcrafted wobblers, like MTO's, Vaaksi's, Velho's, Fakiiri's and Seniori's to name a few.

They also got 2011 nilsies, rapalas and other famous finnish lures.

And btw, i can vouch for Vaaksi wobbler. It's just pure awesomeness. The luremaker is a 70+ years old, and his lures are very valuable here in Finland. Vaaksi is for trout and salmon. And for trouts and salmons around here, it WORKS! :)

Anyhow, thanks for a warm welcome. The world of lures is fascinating!

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 am

@ marjastaja

I was refering to this one , ........just remembered the name :

http://samfishing.fi/kauppa/index.php?c ... b9a92df9d1

..............I've once mailed a request to them in English and German(I don't speak a single word of Finnish) , whether they would ship to Germany , but haven't got a reply .

I like some of their offerings , as one can't get these somewhere else , ...it's just "typical Finnish" .

I remember to have come across this shop on a site , that someone linked on a German forum , ....it was a site from the Baltic states named "Striborg" , there was a picture in there , where I could idendify a label of that Finnish shop , thus get the web-adress .

I guess , that I have a good impression about Finnish luremaking , ...as my Finnish friend Jio has once sent me this :

http://www.lureandmore.com/viewtopic.php?f=414&t=7316

Sadly I can't read a word , ...but the pictures are just stunning !

Thanks for these links , ...gonna check them out later , ...too many emails to answer , ........ lol !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Nilsmaster”