Nils Master JUMBO

Nilsmaster
diemai
Master
Master

Nils Master JUMBO

Post by diemai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:27 am

These are two "Nilsies" , that I have received from a Finnish friend last year .

They are not widely available over here ,....though a big German mailorder tackle shop offers them for a few years now ,... in their catalog they are named "Jumbo" , claimed to be a very deep diving lure .

Haven't fished them yet , since the 2008 season was very slow , but I am surely gonna give them a try coming autumn , when fish are migrating to deeper places again .

greetz , diemai howdy
NMJUM_01.JPG
NMJUM_02.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Re: Nils Master JUMBO

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 pm

The Nilsmaster Jumbo was reviewed in my Lures book - came in at lure 975 out of 1065 with a test depth of 5.3 metres. Was better at 2.5 knots so unlike many diving lures was better with a bit of pace.

I was extremely impressed by this lure which is still used by Barra fishers but doesn't get the recognition it deserves. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

I have to balance this by saying that the Big mouth was a poor design (nice idea, looks interesting but pretty blechhh (the technical term)) as a lure. I also like the Bidgee as a collectible (wish I had some of the metal bibs), but less impressed from a fishing perspective. pokeystix pokeystix

Fizza

Re: Nils Master JUMBO

Post by Fizza » Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 pm

I only have 1 Nilsmaster Big Mouth, my joint's not big enough for 3 of us lol lol lol crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Nilsmaster”