Rapala Supershads

Rapala
YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Rapala Supershads

Post by YOUNGGUN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 am

Here are a couple of my favourite mulloway lures thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Rapala Supershads

Post by diemai » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:53 pm

@ YOUNGGUN

These are almost classic , wellknown and proven (big)pike lures in Europe ,...... some years ago "Rapala" came out with a sinking version as well , ........obviously many North European tinkerers had tuned their floaters to sink prior to that !

The sinking version descends at about 30 cms per second , ......apart from a couple of floaters I have a few of these and fish them slowly along the bottom of my favourite swim up to 15m deep in autumn and winter to catch pike and zander(walleye) ,........ they are a bit more sluggish with their wobbling action compared to the floating ones but nevertheless also take their share of fish !

nice lures thumbsupsmilie , ........greetz , diemai howdy
Last edited by diemai on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: misspelling discovered
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi Diemai,
The red head is a floater and the other is a countdown, I use them for Mulloway (jewfish) over here in oz. thumbsupsmilie

The floater is great when I am fishing the bridges at night, if there is mullet around the lights off the bridge then there will be jewfish if there is no mullet I go and find another bridge to try.

The countdown is good when I find fish in a deep hole I find on the sounder and I cast beyond the hole let it sink and crank it through the hole and hopefully hook a fish.

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers Todd

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Todd ... how big are they, body length, weight etc - be interesting to compare them to the Deception Jew Lures for size ???
Cheers Rob

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Rob,

They are both 14cm in length the floater weighs 45g and the Countdown weighs 71g.

If my memory serves me correctly they are very similar except Pauls jewie lures are more rounded in the body and the Rapala's are slim line.

I caught plenty of jewie's on those particular lures you have Rob thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie On of them was the first lure I landed a jew on thumbsupsmilie

Cheers Todd

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Here's another popular colour for the Supershad, more for freshwater than jewies.
Not a bad big barra lure either! Image

<click to enlarge>
RapalaSupershad.jpg
Diemai: a good perch pattern for pike fishing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Marrakai on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Oops! Duplicate post............
sorry...
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:28 pm

YOUNGGUN wrote:Hi Rob,

They are both 14cm in length the floater weighs 45g and the Countdown weighs 71g.

If my memory serves me correctly they are very similar except Pauls jewie lures are more rounded in the body and the Rapala's are slim line, Cheers Todd
Mate, just checked Paul's Jew's - the smaller one is the same size, 14cm, weigh's 52 gms and is 'bulkier'. The big jointed Deception Jew is 24cm and 172gms thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 am

I would like to see the jointed one Rob yay yay dad had a couple and I used them more than he did and not sure what he did with them ???

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 am

YOUNGGUN wrote: dad had a couple and I used them more than he did and not sure what he did with them ???
    Mate, you'd be pleased to know that he donated a pair of the 14cm ones to a very good cause .... the Deception museum lol lol yay

Well, I wouldn't really call it a donation -duh but they are now in very safe keeping and thoroughly appreciated howdy
    Cheers Rob

Return to “Rapala”