FatRap Special Run for Malaysia and Singapore

Rapala
LaPala
Rookie
Rookie

FatRap Special Run for Malaysia and Singapore

Post by LaPala » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:04 am

On the 22nd of August 2009, Rapala VMC offered for sale a special promotional run of FatRap Lures.

This is the announcement post from Rapala representative in Malaysian in Malaysia Fishing Net forum:
Weeks of discussion, plenty of emails exchanged, lots of patience to wait.... and a final round of meeting with my boss from Finland.....

YES!!! The classic Fat Rap proposal is accepted!!! This is the balsa wood type and we will reproduce 2 size FR05 and FR07. However, for them to slot in their tight production schedule and the coming summer holidays, we have to accept whatever the conditions. This is what we will be having:
FR05 & FR07 - 6 colours and 1 special colour
Chrome blue - CHB - 1200pcs
Chrome Green - CHG - 1200pcs
Firetiger - FT - 1200pcs
Gold Fluro - GFR - 1200pcs
Crawdad - CW -1200pcs
Shad - SD - 1200pcs
REDHEAD - RH - 1200pcs
The other good news is that as there is another run by other group for FR05, there are additional colours never see before and we gladly took the extra run.
Blue Mullet - BMU - 1200pcs
Shiny GFR - SGFR - 1200pcs
Shiny Silver - SS - 1200pcs
Pearl White - PW -1200pcs
Crawdad - CW - 1200pcs
Redhead - RH - 1200pcs

These are the total quantity that will be produce and ship to Malaysia but it wil also cover Singapore market. Pleaes keep in mind that this is a ONE time special production run and we are not sure if we can ask them to do it again next year or when. Time needed is 12 weeks but because of the July summer holiday, the stock will arrive in August!

So guys, start to save your "bullets" and get ready!!!
Link to forum post.

And here is the picture of the full set against the back drop of the promotional t-shirt printed for this run:
Rapala-FR-Special-Production-Run.jpg
I can assure everybody here the full set will surely not be 1200sets as I alone have acquired additional 8 pcs of FR07 CHB and a few others. muhmuh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: FatRap Special Run for Malaysia and Singapore

Post by diemai » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:42 pm

@ LaPala

At a glance I can see some colors , that I haven't come across in Europe , I guess ?

If this is is for promotional reasons , does that mean , that "Rapala's" were not available in Malaysia before ?

Or they just wanna push the general sales against their competitors ?

Never heard about sucha promotion sale around here , there only was a special anniversary edition of the "Rapala Original" some years ago (in other countries as well , of course) and also a public color design competition , where a limited line of the winner's design was produced by Rapala(sadly I only won the 36th prize outta 50) .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

LaPala
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LaPala » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Diemai, Rapala is one of the earliest lures that is available widely in Malaysia. FatRaps are discontinued a few years back but there is a fanatical following and demand for this lure over here. This special factory run is (well besides the $$ part for Rapala) as a "appreciation" for Rapala users over this region.

I believe a few of the colors were never produced for Balsa FatRaps before (at least I haven't seen them). FatRap was one of the original lures that Rapala produce for mass production and enjoyed such a long run; to know all the colors that are ever produced all over the world will be a daunting task. Perhaps one of our experts here might have an inkling?

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:43 pm

LaPala- strange they still sell them here, (plastic) you would think with Malaysia being so close you would be able to get them there too - let me know which colour you need and I will chuck some over!! pete

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 pm

@ LaPala

Thanks for your further info on those "Fat Raps" bowsmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

RapalaNation
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by RapalaNation » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:07 am

Hi folks,

I was lucky enough to have one of the members from my site who is from Malaysia help me out in acquiring a set.

There were a total of 19 lures combined that were released.
The colour for FR7 are :

Chrome blue - CHB
Chrome Green - CHG
Firetiger - FT
Gold Fluro - GFR
Crawdad - CW
Shad - SD
REDHEAD - RH

FR5 -

Chrome blue - CHB
Chrome Green - CHG
Firetiger - FT
Gold Fluro - GFR
Crawdad - CW
Shad - SD
REDHEAD - RH
Blue Mullet - BMU
Shiny GFR - SGFR
Shiny Silver - SS
Pearl White - PW
Crawdad - CW

LaPala
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LaPala » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:08 pm

hazmail wrote:LaPala- strange they still sell them here, (plastic) you would think with Malaysia being so close you would be able to get them there too - let me know which colour you need and I will chuck some over!! pete
Could those be the Glass Fat Raps? They are not as well received here as the action is not the same as the balsa ones nor as good as the older plastic Rattling Fat Rap. If they are Rattling Fat Rap I am interested yay

LaPala
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LaPala » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:11 pm

RapalaNation wrote:Hi folks,
I was lucky enough to have one of the members from my site who is from Malaysia help me out in acquiring a set.
Lucky you, I know a few guys in Malaysia who couldn't get a set anymore muhmuh Do you have any idea if the Chrome Blue one is new for balsa fatraps? I have never seen them in this color version before this set.

RapalaNation
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by RapalaNation » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:29 pm

LaPala wrote:
RapalaNation wrote:Hi folks,
Lucky you, I know a few guys in Malaysia who couldn't get a set anymore muhmuh Do you have any idea if the Chrome Blue one is new for balsa fatraps? I have never seen them in this color version before this set.
The Chrome Blue and Chrome Green are actually variations or very similar to the older versions of the Fat Raps made in Finland. The new Chrome Blue or CHB is similar to the old Silver Blue or SB Fat Rap. The Chrome Green looks like a variant of the Rattlin Fat Rap in Green Shad, or GSD.

Yes I was very lucky to get a set, now I am not sure if I should fish them or store them away somewhere.
I may raffle them off on my site as well.

LaPala
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LaPala » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 am

Thanks for the info, I have only seen the FatRaps in chrome for RFR only. None before on balsa ones.

Return to “Rapala”