From the beginning~Almost

Rapala
Fizza

Re: From the beginning~Almost

Post by Fizza » Fri May 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Frank,
Welcome to the club clapclap clapclap I'm the president, secretary & treasurer crazysmilie crazysmilie

I was lucky enough some years ago to be offered around 100 old Kelluvas which I grabbed. Quite a few of them have the black writing but not in all sizes. The rest are obviously bib stamped meaning they are later versions. The inside of the boxes has some rather interesting reading also which I'll zap a few pics of.

Anyone who has a slight idea of Rapala lures would know you can have literally several thousand lures without having a complete set. I know of a number of people who have many many lures yet don't have a complete set with myself being one of them. There are far too many lures made for different markets & countries around the world, specials, Ltd Editons etc & then the 60 or 70 odd different models or more. It's actually mind boggling. -duh

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Mind boggling and an almost impossible challenge, especially as Rapala themselves didn't keep perfect records of special orders especially in the 1970's/80's when they had the widest range.

They are lovely lures - undervalued by collectors because many of the common ones had huge production runs - but there are many, many subtle differences that makes them fun.

That plus the fact that they are superb for fishing with!!!!!

I don't have any of the really early ones so may be able to do a swap for something you don't have??!!

Falky
Master
Master

Post by Falky » Sat May 02, 2009 2:25 am

you don't have many do you Fiz shockedsmilie very impressed clapclap

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue May 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Falky wrote:you don't have many do you Fiz shockedsmilie very impressed clapclap
he wont when im finished visiting nahnah nahnah nahnah muhmuh

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Methinks that would be a task beyond even you Mully - unless you are taking a pantech with you!!! pokeystix pokeystix pokeystix

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue May 05, 2009 6:41 pm

When Mully's wearing his big baggy Bee Bop dacks with all the huge pockets & matching jacket he is a bloody pantec lol lol lol nahnah nahnah nahnah punchfrom punchfrom

To think I was gonna sling him one -duh -duh HUH, not after those criminal thoughts maddd maddd maddd lol lol lol

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:48 pm

Great post 'Fizza' - I don't know what the problem is but it would have been a heaps better if I could see the pictures - seems to be a problem in a lot of older threads (3 months), is there a secret pasword or something. eyb pete

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Pete, unfortunately fizza removed ALL his pics in lure and more and is also no longer a member.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “Rapala”