Post by Mully » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:44 pm

droolsmilie thats a nice lure Fizza very special indeed clapclap

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Something Different & RARE

Post by diemai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 am

@ Fizza

Is this lipless lure a sales version or just a prototype/production line mistake , that slipped through ?

Never saw it before !

Here is a "Rattlin' Rap" logo version , found it on a fleamarket , new in the box for 2,50 € which would be about 1/4 of the shop price .
It was a woman selling it amongst all kinda clothing , toys and household stuff , the only fishing item , wonder how it got there.........but now it is in my tackle box .

greetz , diemai thumbsupsmilie
RATRA_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:50 am

Dieter, It's not a one off as I have 40 something of these bibless HJ's in 8 or 9 patterns and 5 sizes.

I'm still unsure to date as to how & why they came about. I've had various input with nothing substantiated to date.

I've emailed Finland regarding these and some other Rapalas a couple of times and they haven't gotten back to me.

You're a lucky bloke having flee markets to go too. Where I live we don't even have a tackle shop with my closest 110km away.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 am

@ Fizza

I'll Email my friend Janne from Finland somewhen tomorrow about that lipless husky jerk , maybe he could say something to it ?

Haha , people are never satisfied , with what they have........sometimes I'd wish to be away from all lots of people.....and its hard to find(brand) lures on ordinary fleamarkets , anyway . My wife keeps buying clothing and stuff there , I only take lures or sometimes wooden or metal items , that I can make lures from !

So I go a lot cheaper than her !

Pure tackle fleamarkets are rare , just a handful ocassions per year , and only because I live in the vicinity of the big city , in other parts of Germany it would be similar to your situation , some would probably have to drive 30 to 50 km as well to the next good tackle shop or fleamarket , compared that Germany is A LOT smaller than Australia.....! lol lol

greetz , Dieter thumbsupsmilie

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 am

Thanks Dieter, bowsmilie that would be great if we could get some concrete information about what these lures were actually produced for. thumbsupsmilie clapclap

Patterns are CLN, TSD, G, S, OCW, RCW, SB, FT that I can remember. They're in the 5 standard husky jerk sizes.

I'm not complaining about "no tackle shops", I love the peace and tranquility as well as being slightly isolated.

The internet has enabled remote areas throughout the world to be close to most things. thumbsupsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:27 pm

@ Fizza

Sorry to say , but my friend from Finland said , that he never came across these lipless lures as well , but he said , that he knows , that Rapala makes lures , that are only sold in certain countries .

Like me , he also assumed , that these were production rejects , but you know , that they are not . So obviously these lures are not available in Europe , don't know about the US market ?

Sorry that I can't provide more info -imsorry , greetz , diemai howdy

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:10 pm

No need to e sorry Dieter, I didn't think I'd solve the puzzle.

Finland won't respond to emails asking about some rarer lures so I don't worry anymore.

Thank you kindly for having a go though, greatly appreciated mate bowsmilie thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie

RapalaNation
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by RapalaNation » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am

Hi all,

The only lipless version Rapala that I know of is a countdown lipless version, also known as a CDL, but they were only sold in Japan/Asia.

Return to “Rapala”