Rapala Historians - Any about?

Rapala
Fizza

Re: Rapala Historians - Any about?

Post by Fizza » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:30 am

I don't normally post pics of carded or boxed lures but I've got a few 7cm Raps on an old table that I've been sorting through which I might shoot a pic or two of and wack em up.

There's truckloads of patterns but if collectors get into the variations of models & different boxes etc ya can end up with over a hundred 7cm's for example. crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie

Should mention only in Floating & Countdows. Forget the RNR, SR, SSR, JSR, J, F & CD-MAGS, SP', SPR, TD etc blah, blah, blah

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Fizza
There is a pic of the lure under the post "More oldies but goodies"
It is the bottom lure.
Its a gold countdown.
Laurie.

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:01 pm

HR
There is a ringin in that pic.
bottom left is a Manns minus 1.
Laurie

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 pm

yeah i just saw that myself ! must have been in the same slot and i wasnt thinking straight ?!?!? ah well...

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Laurie, The beedy eyed {small eyes} gold Kelluva "Uppoava" with the white belly "strip" i take it is the lure in question?

Finnish lure with moulded writing in the bib NOT black ink on the bib & no belly marking?

Does it have the two little red lines from the towpoint Laurie?

That lure should have had brass split rings which to look at today we'd say were too big for the lure.

If so I'd say around mid - late 60's possibly same in 1970's. It could be anywhere in that time frame or a little later. NO BOX I spose?

Specifically dating many Rapalas especially Originals, CD's & Jointed along with some Mags can be virtually impossible.

I spoke to Rapala Sydney a while back to try and get some info on some extremely rare lures I have & he'd never heard of them so put me onto Rapala Finland.

I emailed them & heard nothing back.

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Fizza
It has moulded writing on bib and red lines from tow point.
I cant nope -hmmthink remember the hooks or rings

Thanks for the help. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Laurie

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm

It's bloody hard to date them Laurie as mentioned.

From memory Countdowns or Uppoavas as they were called at the time came out in 1965.

I just went through a box of Kelluvas and I don't think CD's had the Stamped writing on them.

None of mine do and only the earliest of Floating lures did. {production lures}

theduke
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by theduke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Came across these Rapala's COUNTDOWN CDJ-9 x 2 that have the stamped wording on the belly of the lures, the third lure has only CDJ-11 stamped minus the wording Countdown and stamped bibs RAPALA FINLAND, wondering if anyone can shine some light on these in particular their age??? Also in the bunch of lures are the other 5 the 2 smaller ones top right have the same stamped bib Original RAPALA Float and the wording FINLAND on the belly and the bottom right has an impression in the bib and the wording stamped is RAPALA COUNTDOWN FINLAND no wording on the belly. the 2 others have only stamped bibs any info would be nice these lures looked a sight at first after hook removal and a clean up seem not to bad now. Although I don't collect these or wish too I am still interested in the history. Cheers Tom
P3060033 [].JPG
P3060034 [].JPG
P3060037 [].JPG
P3060035 [].JPG

P3060036 [].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gidgee

Chep Buxley
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Chep Buxley » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Another Rapala fan here thumbsupsmilie

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

theduke wrote:Came across these Rapala's COUNTDOWN CDJ-9 x 2 that have the stamped wording on the belly of the lures, the third lure has only CDJ-11 stamped minus the wording Countdown and stamped bibs RAPALA FINLAND, wondering if anyone can shine some light on these in particular their age??? Also in the bunch of lures are the other 5 the 2 smaller ones top right have the same stamped bib Original RAPALA Float and the wording FINLAND on the belly and the bottom right has an impression in the bib and the wording stamped is RAPALA COUNTDOWN FINLAND no wording on the belly. the 2 others have only stamped bibs any info would be nice these lures looked a sight at first after hook removal and a clean up seem not to bad now. Although I don't collect these or wish too I am still interested in the history. Cheers Tom
P3060033 [].JPG
P3060034 [].JPG
P3060037 [].JPG
P3060035 [].JPG

P3060036 [].JPG
Jason Bertlow of J's Rapalas..........eBay shop USA or Rapala Nation website/forum can tell you all you need to know howdy thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Rapala”