Vintage plastic clear bibbed Jitterbug

MXB
Master
Master

Vintage plastic clear bibbed Jitterbug

Post by MXB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am

Hi all . . .

I thought we should have a seperate thread for these as it should include the fly size plastic bibbed Jitterbugs and these clear bibbed versions. Non patent bib but I think these were released in the 1970's as I've seen them listed in the yellow boxes w/ plastic sleeve. It should be said that most of the plastic bibbed versions of the Jitterbug were discontinued due to the front eyelet getting smashed out of the bib, rendering the lure useless. It makes these guys all the more special for them to survive the fishing;

I like them;
phpLeMuW6PM.jpg
phpNAepyIPM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Vintage plastic clear bibbed Jitterbug

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Roger,
Does that bib have the rounded edges???

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

@fishaholics . . .

Brad . . . it does have rounded edges and is quite thick.

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Roger, sorry to say they were made in the early 90's mate, not as old as you thought. The original WW2 plastic lips had a sharper edge underneath and never made in clear, only Yellow, Red & Black.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks Brad for the info . . . it was cheap and I like it. It is nothing like the WW2 plastic bibbed versions which came much earlier and had a much thinner bib as you indicated. Still don't see too many of these around tho' . Do you have any idea when the fly rod versions w/ the plastic bibs were made? They came on a sheet with small tear-off cards . . . they hit big dollars for their size. Got a few somewhere and will post when I find them.

MXB

howdy

Return to “Fred Arbogast”