Runt Mania!

Heddon Lures
rivermandave

Re: Runt Mania!

Post by rivermandave » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:13 am

Dang it Brad....I was trying to sell Roger a couple of boxes...now ya just had to ruin it smckin lol nahnah

@ Roger...that color you asked about is correct for that box. XBP is "Pearl and Black Shore Minnow"...and is shown in the 1949 Heddon catalog.

http://nflcc.org/CPG/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=185

Actually...there's a LOT of little differences that a person can run across -duh

2 of Roger's pics shown below show the mouth color / lure color difference clearly clapclap

And sorry to say that I have issues with all 3 of those collectors. For one...in Russell's "Heddon Plastic Lures" book...on one page he dates the pocket catalog in Roger's red head pic to 1949 on one page....then calls it 1948 on the next. It has to be at least 1948 as it shows the old "sccop lip" Go-Deeper in it. The 2 step lipped version came in 1949...and is shown in the little white catalog in this other pic of Roger's.

Something else I recently discovered is that there are 2 versions of that color catalog. One has red lettering at the bottom of the front cover...and one doesn't. Also, the one with the red lettering mentions the Heddon 1946 catalog (which I've never seen).

I've attached a couple of pics showing that too.

I have issues with Nicholson about color year dates for various red head models...and I will post those later howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 am

NOW I have to correct myself crazysmilie

As I just learned something new clapclap

The 2 versions of the catalog I mentioned above have another IMPORTANT difference.

In my pic below...the top catalog is like Roger's...notice my notes about the 2.

Obviously...the one with the scoop-lipped Go-Deeper showing is at least 1 year older. thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:36 am

Dave, yeah I have to agree with the confusion as you read various material, some times I have to read the info, make up a matrix on a spreadsheet and then insert various snippets and try to work out where all the variances fit in. -duh

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:25 am

Finally! crazysmilie

Here's some updated info on box catalogs...may have to refine this ONE more time though -duh

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 am

Here's an updated version of the of the pic above. I've added some info to the descriptions...and note there is a difference in the 2 that I had labeled as both 1937 before. thumbsupsmilie

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 am

More new info on a box catalog clapclap

The one in the main pic above that is listed as 1941 is actually 1942...as there is printing on the inside of the catalog stating such.

As I've said before though...this is the ONLY box catalog with the No Snag Runts in it cww

Return to “James Heddon”