Early Heddon 'Game Fisher' - Nice lure

Heddon Lures
MXB
Master
Master

Early Heddon 'Game Fisher' - Nice lure

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi all . . .

About time we had a thread for Heddon Gamefishers. These were an early addition to the Heddon range and dissappered from the catalogues by the 1940's I believe. This is the Baby Gamefisher . . . thumbsupsmilie
phpPUjtY5AM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Early Heddon 'Game Fisher' - Nice lure

Post by diemai » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:11 pm

@ MXB

Its a very nice lure model by "Heddon" , I like it thumbsupsmilie .

I have a building describtion for a knock-off in the "Book Of Lures" by Charles K. Fox , tried to make my own version , but I wasn't satisfied with it so far ,.......guess , I 'm gonna try again some day !

I think, that there even is a triple-jointed version around .

They have obviously sold these in Germany as well ,........ in a German angling magazine I've seen a picture of a page from a vintage cataloge , printed in those old time German print letters(not everbody able to read these nowadays anymore) , ......if my memory serves me right , it dated back to the late 1920's or early 30's .

thanks for posting , ........greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm

@diemai . . .

Yes Dieter thats when this one would have been made and I think you are right about the bigger version with 2 segments. This one has L Rig hardware and is an early version. The amazing thing is that the joint hardware is really a simple concept with the connection pivoting on fixed pins but it would not be easy to replicate . . . they were very cleverly engineered like many early Heddon lures. If you need close up photos with dimensions let me know

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:50 pm

@ MXB

Haven't tried on that kinda joint at all , just utilized interconnected screw eyes !

I'm not that interested in making an accurate copy , but Im rather curious about the action , that such old time lures would have .

But thanks for your offer offer , anyway ,..... I could really use a sideview and a belly(back)view of that lure , possibly straightened out and with a ruler for reference .

..........do you even cast these vintage lures , ...I bet only for a test run , ...if at all lol lol lol !

greetz , Dieter
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm

@diemai . . .

Very rarely would I swim really old vintage stuff . . . it will only promote paint loss and add corrosion to the hardware and then they lose value. I could only guess that it would have an action similar to a jointed flatfish style of lure.

I'll send you some extra photos and close ups by email so you can replicate/copy the design and shape and then we will find out what the action is!! lol lol

MXB

howdy

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

imagine the sentimental value of having a vintage lure you caught a fish on!!!

Kingfish would be all over it.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:03 pm

simon bruce wrote:imagine the sentimental value of having a vintage lure you caught a fish on!!!

Kingfish would be all over it.
Its just the thought of losing it really although I do use vintage lures but just not the old ones that are valuable . . . cheaper than a Kadaitcha tho!!! lol

MXB

howdy

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Or a norm edwards blahblah NONO

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Precisely the reason for my lure replicator thumbsupsmilie , I too would like to see the actions of some of these lures, but be buggered if I am going to cast the 'REAL' deal, I be unlucky enough to either snag it -duh , have the line break and cast it out of sight/reach cccc or some silly damn fish would monster it lol
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:Precisely the reason for my lure replicator thumbsupsmilie , I too would like to see the actions of some of these lures, but be buggered if I am going to cast the 'REAL' deal, I be unlucky enough to either snag it -duh , have the line break and cast it out of sight/reach cccc or some silly damn fish would monster it lol
You have summed up all the reasons why I won't cast these lures . . . Murphys Law says I would lose it or destroy it by some means!!

MXB

howdy

Return to “James Heddon”