Early Crazy Crawler

Heddon Lures
Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Early Crazy Crawler

Post by Marrakai » Sat May 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Just watched a wooden Crawler sell on the-bay, surprised there's no thread covering these marvellous surface-lures.

Here's a pic of a nice example to start things off:

These early crawlers with the 3-colour eyes and steel-eyelet stoppers on the paddles are probably robust enough for the tropics, but I must confess I have never been game to toss one into the Daly or the Roper at night-time! Too many bad experiences with Fizzers that fail to return!

Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Early Crazy Crawler

Post by Mully » Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 pm

droolsmilie very nice lures i have a soft spot for the tadpollys but i think these are growing on me also

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 am

Nice old froggy Crawler;

Here's a slightly earlier (I think by rear hardware??) Heddon 'Crazy Crawler' in Flock Mouse with little leather ears. Model 2120 GM (Grey Mouse)

Love these things as they do work but this one won't be going near a fishies mouth for the rest of its life. Well and truly retired;
phpPpbluoAM.jpg
phpkBfgGhAM.jpg
phpZQTl5AAM.jpg
MXB

thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Great old lures , ....never held one in my hands , ........are the wings on these small ones made of aluminium or plated brass(just asking in terms of making knock-offs) ?

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “James Heddon”