Heddon Vamps

Heddon Lures
laz
Guru
Guru

Heddon Vamps

Post by laz » Wed May 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Another pressie from the missus .It says on the belly Original Heddon Wood Vamp. i would'nt have a clue about its age
Heddon Wood Vamp.jpg
Heddon Wood Vamp 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Heddon Vamps

Post by diemai » Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm

@ laz

Just a shot in the dark , but since the lure is looking quite new , can it be an issue in terms of the 100th anniversary of "Heddon" ,...... I have read , that they had launched some of their classic models in wood again on that ocassion ,... guess it was during the late 90's or early 2000's ?????

But just a guess , since it really doesn't look like 50 years old !

greetz , Dieter howdy

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Laz,
I am pretty sure you have a Heddon Centenary Edition Vamp there.
It has the tapered body of the original 7500 series Wooden Vamp(4 1/2"), but with the gold eyes of the early Plastic 9500 series (3 3/4"). The colour is Silver Herring, which didn't enter the catalogs till 1932 for the Sea Basser Spook and 1938 for the River Runt/Vamp family.
The gold writing ACROSS the body is peculiar to the later year models as well. The originals had the lettering ALONG the centreline and usually in black on light belly's or white/gold on darker belly's.

Still worth having simply as a talking piece. The original Vampire Minnow (Vamp) was introduced in 1921.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:Laz,
I am pretty sure you have a Heddon Centenary Edition Vamp there.
It has the tapered body of the original 7500 series Wooden Vamp(4 1/2"), but with the gold eyes of the early Plastic 9500 series (3 3/4"). The colour is Silver Herring, which didn't enter the catalogs till 1932 for the Sea Basser Spook and 1938 for the River Runt/Vamp family.
The gold writing ACROSS the body is peculiar to the later year models as well. The originals had the lettering ALONG the centreline and usually in black on light belly's or white/gold on darker belly's.

Still worth having simply as a talking piece. The original Vampire Minnow (Vamp) was introduced in 1921.

Brad
@Laz

Heres a re-issue for comparison and I know Brad will like it because its y/shore!!
phpOnWtJkAM.jpg
phpLD5hQfAM.jpg
howdy

MXB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “James Heddon”