Heddon Hedd Hunter

Heddon Lures
diemai
Master
Master

Re: Heddon Hedd Hunter

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 3:03 am

@ fishaholiclures

One thing I'd say ,.......you're just an encyclopaedia on legs thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie ,........can it happen to be that you've got an university grade on fishing lures crazysmilie crazysmilie lol lol !

@ laz

Guess , that your missus is scared about you as well ,........that's why she won't tell that particular site ,........anxious about financial disaster -duh $$$$$ -duh $$$$$ -duh !

Don't tell her , t'was me zippedsmilie punchfrom censored smckin censored ................check this :

http://www.thehardbaitdatabase.com ,.........maybe , you'd find it there thumbsupsmilie ?

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sun May 03, 2009 9:20 am

Diemai if my missus is scared about the financial disaster she ain't showing it ( she is blonde though lol )she bought me this lap top yesterday just so i can talk to you blokes yay

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Deiter,
Whilst I retain some reasonable cognitive ability even as the years advance (too quickly I may add), I fall back on my reference books.
For the US stuff, I have a few of Russell E Lewis's excellent books on early collectible lures going back to the 1930's, a dedicated Heddon book also by Lewis, an English collectors book that isn't 1/2 as good, but handy for some of the popular devons, and for the Aussie lures I rely heavily on Frank Prokop's (jigmaster in here) fantastic titles as well as some old 'how to fish with lures' type books and a bunch of magazines going back to the early 1960's.

So while it may look like I have all these facts rolling around in my head, there is more an index of where I might find the relevant facts when needed.....and of course where would any of us be without the wonderful information at our fingertips on the "NET".
I have answered many questions in here and of my own by doing some concerted 'yahoo searching'

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 3:52 pm

@ fishaholiclures

As a pure collectors book I only own "Old Fishing Lures And Tackle " 5th edition , by Carl F. Luckey , an American issue .

Since I am not a lure collector in the sense of the meaning , I just mailordered it from England years ago out of curiosity about those ancient lure models and as a reference to make knock-offs of one or another model , because I wanted to know , how they would act in the water .

I also own a few more English and American books , of course some German issues as well , but these are rather more dealing on fishing methods and luremaking , only one English book , the "Enceclopeadia Of Lures" , by Chris and Sue Harris(they run a tackle mailorder , the "Harris Angling") , is a list up of common lures on the market back in the days of its issue in 1999 .

There are colored tables of all lures listed and thorough describtions about colors , sizes and how to use them the best way .

greetz , diemai howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 3:56 pm

@ laz

Wish , my lady would buy me things as well nahnah ,.....but it always has to be the other way round crazysmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy

Vince

Post by Vince » Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm

diemai wrote:@ laz

Wish , my lady would buy me things as well nahnah ,.....but it always has to be the other way round crazysmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol clapclap clapclap

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun May 03, 2009 5:18 pm

-hmmthink -hmmthink -hmmthink Fellas be careful and keep ya wits about yas -hmmthink -hmmthink -hmmthink

When sheilas start buying $$$$$ bloke's things to keep us amused it's cos they're either sick of talkin to us, sick of lookin at us, sick of swttt or all three -yup -yup

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sun May 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Fizza wrote:-hmmthink -hmmthink -hmmthink Fellas be careful and keep ya wits about yas -hmmthink -hmmthink -hmmthink

When sheilas start buying $$$$$ bloke's things to keep us amused it's cos they're either sick of talkin to us, sick of lookin at us, sick of swttt or all three -yup -yup
I couldn't be that lucky lol lol lol

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 am

Heres another Hedd Hunter for comparison in the Victor Recreation box showing markings etc;
php6OcckfAM.jpg
phpYsjb9yAM.jpg
MXB

thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “James Heddon”