We Fish Campain

diemai
Master
Master

Re: We Fish Campain

Post by diemai » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Wishing you a lot of luck and success with your efforts over there , ..........as an angler here in Germany I know just too well , what you fear to have to face in the future , if they had their way !

We have vast amounts of restrictions and regulations over here , that even vary from state to state , from fishing club to fishing club , .......there are federal restrictions , state restrictions and restrictions for single fishing waters , which all have to be taken into consideration by the anglers , if they don't wanna end up at the courthouse in the worst case .

There are different legal sizes and closing times from state to state , the use of sonars and nightfishing is not allowed in some German states(particulary down south) , even size and weight of lures is restricted in some places ...........I could type for hours to list up more regulations !

So stand united and strong , anglers of Australia , .......your opponents would try to get a foot in the door by cutting off your rights little by little , here a bit and there a bit , that don't seem to hurt that much at first , ..............but in the end you'd have to face serious drawbacks for your passion !

the best of luck , .........greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 am

Dave,
Everywhere in Australia is copping it except here in the NT, for one simple reason, it would be political suicide for the current mob in power.
Every yard here has a boat in it, no boat rego, no boat licences, no fishing permits. The blacks tried it on, saying that any non-indigenous fisher would need a permit to fish anywhere in the NT (called the Blue Mud Bay edict). That fell flat when all the fishermen told them to shove it, so down south you need to get united and tell your local state governments the same, what are they going to do, gaol you! thumbsupsmilie
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 pm

bullrout22 wrote:Tony

It is great you all gave it to them thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie

But as you can see from the non reply's to this we are far from being one down this way,it is the same
on just about every site I have seen this the same members talking about it but not many getting into it
im afraid we are doomed zippedsmilie

@ bullrout22

Reminds me to the behaviour of many anglers over here , ..........keeping quiet and go fishing , as long , as it's still possible , .........guess , that it's an attitude like "as long , as there are no drawbacks for MY local waters , but only other places , no need to raise my voice" , ..........but when the turn is on them , it is most likely too late to talk !

In my opinion the only way to achieve something positive for fishing , is to lead the discussion whith economical arguments , .........like job losses(hotels , marinas , tackleshops , etc....) and community tax income decreases would occur , if anglers would stay away from certain places , that they usually come for enjoyable and successful fishing .

Another way to positively lead the discussion is the youth , .........keep 'em away from fishing , and they'd possibly start to roam the streets getting in contact with crime , drugs , alcohol and violence , ................on the other hand fishing is a very good education for the young folks in terms of responsibilty and social behaviour , a very useful way to spend their leisure time .

In Germany all fishing clubs , that own or hire waters , render a smaller part of these waters into a preservation area for nature , no fishing on the banks there , no boat approach(boating often not allowed on smaller ponds and lakes , anyway) .

The clubs build up nesting possibilities for water birds there , re-establish rare plants , do garbage cleanings and stuff like that ,..... they also take care of re-populating river systems with long time vanished fish species , in particular salmon , but also sturgeon ............they simply don't want to leave the natural preservation work to their green opponents alone , so that these can't say , that anglers are only users of nature and are causing damage , ........in fact the fishing clubs are doing far more for natural preservation than others in this country , .......sadly all of this is not yet recognized by the wide public , most likely only published in local newspapers of the particular areas of the country .

Over here fishing is not that popular as it is in the USA or also Australia by far ,...... compared to the whole population a rather small share of people do fish ,......... anglers are often still considered as boring old men sitting on the banks staring at their bobber for hours and don't say a word , if talking to them . Local clubs are trying to change that stereotype .

Just my two cents , ......greetz , Dieter howdy
Last edited by diemai on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”