Random Bans

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Random Bans

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 am

Yesterday when I went to the L&M page, I was informed I had been banned. I immediately thought that there had been a coupe & in a fit of power grazed rage, Albert had taken full control of this almost expired forum. After I wiped the tears of disappointment from my eyes, I tried to log on & found to my astonishment, that I was still allowed the privilege of entry into the inner sanctum. lol lol

Apparently, other members have had the same happen to them.

At this stage, we don`t know what is happening or why it`s happening. -duh No one has been banned, no one has been singled out or maliciously attacked. It looks to be random & hopefully not of our doing. ???

We apologise to any that have been affected & hope you can contact us via email to let us know. Try logging on first & see if you can get through as I did. Even though I was told I had been banned I could still log on. It may seem senseless to write this if you can`t see it to start with, but word does seem to get around. thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Re: Random Bans

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 am

DAMM ,

At first I thought that Albert had finally seen the light & got rid of you . lol lol

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:DAMM ,

At first I thought that Albert had finally seen the light & got rid of you . lol lol

RDR
It`s the blind leading the blind around here Rob. crazysmilie
I think it might be the idiot evil twin that needs to be got rid of lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:25 am

Talking about "needs to be got rid off"

We have a member who logs on everyday, day and night the name is there like a watchman, which is fine.
There has been no input from this member, months before and after change of ownership of this site, which is also fine.

Then a complaint was received at admin by this member that this member's home IP address was banned, that this member would like to leave the site but want admin to do the "getting rid off", which was not fine.

It was then discovered that this member has 2 user names, and a red flag was raised when a mistake was made, by this member, in logging on and the IP address was banned, along with dozens of spammers.

This member has been around for a long time and knows that 2 user names are not allowed.
This member was informed that the banning of the home IP address was not deliberate and admin is not going to do the "getting rid off". And the said IP address was unbanned.

So what is all this raving on about ??? ???

It is about this same member, some weeks after the above event, has again logged on, using 2 user names, minutes apart, so the 2 user names appear on the site, side by side clapclap clapclap clapclap .

I just don't understand why -duh -duh -duh .

Life is too short thumbsupsmilie

Albert

'

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:08 am

The answer is simple Albert .....

The member that is doing this is so C*ck-sure of himself , he thinks he can beat the system.

Not only does he think he can beat the system , he has skited about it on another site.

What a genius...... just like the "Expert " tag he has given himself on lures and lure collecting. All this self promoting by a fool that started collecting less than 5 years ago.

As a Not-so-wise Fizzette said years ago ..."Brains & monuments ". -duh -duh -duh

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:16 am

I forgot to add...... the bloke is just a Pa**-in-the-A*se.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:26 am

I know you are a little annoyed by the somewhat puzzling behaviour displayed by someone who apparently has no interest in this forum. -duh -duh However, sorry to make light of your astonishment, but I did have a laugh when I read this.
ocd1688 wrote:day and night the name is there like a watchman,
lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:47 am

Welcome back to Wally, who seems to be getting banned on a weekly basis -duh -duh

Sorry about that mate, it`s not our doing. If it is, we don`t know how we are doing it crazysmilie Only a small handful contribute & these appear to be the ones getting the most attention from the phantom banner.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Apparently not Vince as another member has been banned. He joined recently and has not put a post up.

So it is random and all we can do is apologise for this terrible state. thumbsupsmilie

The problem has not been fixed.
There are waves of spammers everyday.
And the rego page is still not functioning properly.

As the Eagles said-- " I can't tell you why"

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 am

Poor old Froggy was targeted yesterday lol lol
He was reading and then he couldn't read no more clapclap clapclap clapclap

I am sure there are others who suffered the same fate -duh

Whoever you are please go and do something meaningful bowsmilie bowsmilie

This is just a tiny setup where we aim to further the knowledge of lure collecting, having some fun along the way.

Froggy will hopefully be back, as somebody dark and sinister yay yay

Albert

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”