Site photos

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Site photos

Post by froggy06 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:18 am

Vince or Albert , can you explain why when I search a topic , photos posted by some site members are now " missing " , I find the photos are a great reference point when researching lures.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site photos

Post by vince. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:58 am

Froggy, when some members are banned or leave the site for whatever their personal reasons, they remove their pics. I guess it`s a show of protest for some, but that is only a guess.

The biggest single loss was when a good mate of mine spat the dummy lol & pulled all or his pics. howdy Fizz you idiot.
I think a lot were glad to see him go, yay but the real loss was in his pics. He probably has more lures than any 5 members you can put together. A great knowledge, but a personality like a cold sore. lol It`s a good thing that the Chief(Fizz) & 86(Rob) are still not working together as we might have no members left lol lol, would have a lot of watchers though. thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:39 am

Vince,

If a member uploads a photo direct from their computer doesn't the site then "own" that photo?

I assumed the removed photos had only been accessible through something called "photobucket" or some similar website?? (You can tell I'm technophobic. Can't even PM unless a direct reply to a post, and can't even do the cut and paste so people can tell which post I'm referring to in my posts. This would appear to have got me in trouble recently.)

Cheers, Jim

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:24 am

Jim, I`m not a great deal ahead of you at this stuff either lol I was happy when I first learned how to send an email & things have not improved much since then. Most of what I do know about doing things on this site & even on the computer, was taught to me by my old mate Fizza. That wasn`t easy I can tell you crazysmilie

When Fizz removed his pics, I am fairly certain that they came from Photobucket & this allowed him to remove them somehow.

From what I have been informed, legally, you do not give up the copyright of your photo`s when they are put up on the forum. The forum may claim to own them but they only own the right to use them within the forum. For example, if you post a pic, it can then be used anywhere within the forum at any time, but cannot legally be used outside this forum by the owners or any one else, without your permission.

I hope this makes sense. crazysmilie it was the advice I was given when I looked into joining up with Albert to purchase the site.
Regards.....Vince.

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:02 pm

A disappointing situation if that is the case , as stated before , we are all on here for the same reason , aren't we ????Thanks for the explanation and hopefully it doesn't " continue " to " happen "

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”