Settling in Period

Team,mako
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Settling in Period

Post by Team,mako » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 pm

No Baz they just have a blanket ban on idiots from Kazakhstan crazysmilie

Baz wrote:Albert, I read elsewhere on the site about how people can no longer register a new account. I tried to make up a dodgy account (again) last night with no luck. The only thing stopping me was the fact I had to type in some numbers so the site knew I wasn't a bot but , no numbers were there so I couldn't type them into the space provided.

Your good self and the other Idiot...oops , I mean Boss probably already know this. Do you know how to get the account authorisation numbers back onto the registration page??

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Welcome back skipper thumbsupsmilie You haven't lost much time navigating the site.
Give it to him mate clapclap clapclap

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 am

Michael, it`s just so nice to have your pleasant self hanging around the place. howdy

I was just saying to Dianne how good it would be if we could add another idiot from Victoria to the forum. Sure enough, I got my wish. -duh -duh
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 am

It could be worse Vince....Fizzette could make another appearance lol
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Baz wrote:It could be worse Vince....Fizzette could make another appearance lol
Baz, you can`t call Fizz another idiot from Victoria, there`s got to be a word, but I just can`t think of it lol lol

He`s been banned more times than you & might have retired from the game lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Another update

There are no further progress with the rego page. Looks like it may be terminal -duh

Also lots of work had been done to tidy the forum content. These include modifying, deleting, merging sub forums etc.

Posts in different threads had been deleted, usually banters and things of no importance.
No doubt the carry on in recent threads will be treated the same way as time goes on.

But in the meantime, members will probably notice that there are decreases in their post count. These will likely continue with ongoing prunings.

Also the same process is happening with membership. Hundreds of inactive users, spammers selling kitchens, handbags, who gone under the radar in the past had been deleted. Person who joined , eg on 8.30 pm one day in August 5 years ago and was last active at 8.45 pm the same day does nothing for the site apart from boosting the total membership number, which is of absolutely no importance to us. So they are gone and more will be going. In the process hopefully no innocent bystander got moved on as well.

I shall shut up now crazysmilie crazysmilie .

Albert

PS a perfect example of posts being deleted is the post before this one. And the one before that and so on. It is fun and it is a bit of carrying on that we enjoy. But in old threads where they are irrelevant they will be deleted. I would suggest members to read what Vince had done with the topic RMG MASTERS where he has modified it and change it into a reference with all bantering gone.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 pm

And Dave you are right about the spammers. They are what you call them zippedsmilie

Takes bloody hours and I am too old and tired for their sh** . smckin smckin smckin

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:17 am

Albert, just to add to your words, some of mine. I have already said this before, but I think it might be good to say it again.

When Mully started talking of shutting down the forum, my immediate thoughts were about my content & it`s future. I spoke to Albert about trying to buy it myself & then shutting it down to protect all the content contained within. When Albert suggested that we go into it together & try to keep it going, I agreed.

From this I think you can understand that I have little interest in the success or failure of the forum. Still willing to give the forum a chance, but the content is my major concern.

It`s not a conspiracy against anyone. It`s not a private club as the small number of mates who contribute would make it appear. A small number having some fun & sharing some facts is all we ask for. The more the merrier, but happy to have it how it is now.

In an attempt to make it easier to navigate, we are attempting to streamline the place a little. This may take some time & may not be a success, but we are still going to try. As posts & even forums have & will be deleted, some members post counts will fall. To those who think the post count is a sign of status & think it`s a personal attack, then I apologise, it`s neither.

There are those who no longer contribute, but whinge when their nose gets put out of joint. To these I can only repeat the rude & aggressive statement I sent to one member in a PM….“If you, or any (to use your term) “High Profile” collectors take offence at being treated the same as the rest, then so be it. Don`t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.”

Stay or go, that`s your choice. We are not about numbers & have no illusions about the situation. Nothing here is compulsory, contribute or not, agree or not, that`s everyone`s right. If you don`t want to be seen mixing with the likes of us, but still need to look, then use the Hidden option when you log in.
Regards.....Vince.

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:01 pm

clapclap clapclap clapclap well said .

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 pm

404 shockedsmilie -duh shockedsmilie -duh susssmilie

It must be the fever crazysmilie .another look.

Yes 404!!! From over 2200.

Not a sound business practice. nope nope nope

Got rid of advertising + reduced membership by a staggering 80% + increasing difficulty for admission of new members=PRIVATE CLUB ???

And meanwhile the banning keeps on going. smckin smckin

All these equals to a very interesting settling in period. lol lol lol

Congratulation to KEN1980. He has ventured thru all the madness and intrigue and he is still here. clapclap clapclap clapclap

Albert

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”