Settling in Period

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Settling in Period

Post by vince. » Mon May 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Sorry about the problems of late. Have no explanation at this stage.

Hope to get to the source of the problems soon & make the necessary adjustments to try & eliminate it`s recurrence.

Albert & myself have no illusions about the possibilities of the site`s future. With Mully`s illness & inability to continue running a web site & after some time talking in the fine leather Morans that sit in the “back room” at Bendigo, we came to the conclusion that something should be done to protect & maintain what is stored here.

There will no doubt be changes that reflect our personalities, but as very few are contributing to the site, this will probably affect no one. Happy to do it on our own, our inner circle is very small, but happy to expand it.
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Re: Settling in Period

Post by Baz » Mon May 26, 2014 9:05 pm

What you and the good Dr are doing Vince is great thing. Very happy to see the site still going, it would've been a shame to lose all the valuable content on here.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Looks like the Friday night bandit was at it again.

Seems to be a lot of coincidences since the 13th May. thumbsupsmilie

Must apologise & we are looking into eliminating further problems. Given the circumstances, this may take a while.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi all

It is Friday again!

Already there had been 5 spammers that had to be dealt with. smckin

no exceeding the bandwith shut down as yet.

No hundreds of birthday wishes either.

Hopefully the rego page is operating now, or soon thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Keeping things crossed!

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Yes Albert, it hasn`t been a very smooth transition to say the least. -duh

Our brilliant new webmaster has slowly been going through all the obstacles set in our path & maybe we can manage to keep this site going.

Our primary goal was to maintain the store of info here. If the forum side continues, or even grows & we can continue to have a bit of fun & free discussion, then that`s a bonus we hadn`t planned for.

Not all the info contained here is correct, we all know that. Maybe we can remedy that over time, maybe not, but the photographs alone are well worth the effort to maintain & protect.

We had planned to remove the advertising over a period of time. To anyone that was affected by the sudden removal, we apologise, it wasn`t planned by us, or done by us.

To the members who`s accounts had funny things happen to them, we also apologise for the white ants that got in. We hope those we were aware of have all been fixed & working as they should.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi Boss

Noticed a mark drop in traffic.
Were changes made for guest visits ??? ???
Or some other reason.

However it may be a good thing.
It seems it is building up again, standing on its own two feet thumbsupsmilie

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:58 am

Albert, I read elsewhere on the site about how people can no longer register a new account. I tried to make up a dodgy account (again) last night with no luck. The only thing stopping me was the fact I had to type in some numbers so the site knew I wasn't a bot but , no numbers were there so I couldn't type them into the space provided.

Your good self and the other Idiot...oops , I mean Boss probably already know this. Do you know how to get the account authorisation numbers back onto the registration page??
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:30 pm

ocd1688 wrote:Were changes made for guest visits
Gus, a few of the forums that are only of value to members, are now, only visible after Log-on. Merging a couple of other forums to eliminate some duplication has also condensed things a little & hopefully it`s a bit quicker or easier for guests to have a look around & get some idea of the site.

Baz wrote:Your good self and the other Idiot...oops , I mean Boss probably already know this. Do you know how to get the account authorisation numbers back onto the registration page??
Try it now Baz. This way still has it`s problems, but hopefully we can get around that soon.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Sorry Vince.
You have been busy crazysmilie

Around 30 spammers dealt with.
Great work mate clapclap

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi all

There are persistent problems with the rego page.
The BOSS has been playing around with it for days now -duh

Various plugs had been tried.
The one that allowed new rego also let's in floods of spammers with posts about handbags etc.
It is very tiresome dealing with these.

So the page had to be reset to deal with this issue but unfortunately it also stops new rego, re sending password etc.

No fear it will be sorted.
Meanwhile we apologise for this terrible state of affairs.
It is interesting to note that this has been happening before, but since the change over of ownership it has mushroomed zippedsmilie

Albert

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”