Whitmore Naked Ladies

Whitmores Lures
YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Whitmore Naked Ladies

Post by YOUNGGUN » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:55 am

Here are of Ray's ladies, awesome action and goes deep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RDRQ2

Re: Whitmore Naked Ladies

Post by RDRQ2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Clips are on arse about -duh

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I didn't know there was a right way and a wrong way to put a tow point on a lure ??? They haven't been fished with since 1994. They swam alright back then and I have no doubt they still swim alright.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 pm

i must say RDR has done nothing but point out negatives definitely good in that area -hmmthink

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 pm

I wasn't having a go at anyone I was just stating that I wasn't aware that there was a right way and a wrong way.

If I have offended anyone I am sorry, smckin lures to me are just tools to catch fish nothing more nothing less. I do like collecting lures but I collect lures to fish with not put on a shelf to admire, each to their own. Some of my collection is part of Australian fishing history and will probably just collect dust in a storage shed with all the other stuff I don't use anymore and I will give to my son one day before I die.

As I mentioned earlier if anyone has taken offence to my last post or this post Im sorry, no offence was intended.

Regards,
Todd

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm

nothing wrong with your post the other member is a sour puss and needs to post something posative

RDRQ2

Post by RDRQ2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 pm

YOUNGGUN wrote:I didn't know there was a right way and a wrong way to put a tow point on a lure ??? They haven't been fished with since 1994. They swam alright back then and I have no doubt they still swim alright.
there's a right way & a wrong way to do everything life throws at us. if you have a look at the clip and how it will be affected when under pressure with a fish on you should be able to grasp what i mean. clips take pressure in diferent ways and this clip this way is a recipe for disaster. i didn't mean to come across as a smartarse and i'm not having a go at anyone but fro experience the clip under pressure is doomed for failure.

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:07 pm

RDRQ2, if you look closely at the pictures I think you will find that the clips have been bent to stop them from giving way so it is not going to come apart under the normal work load it would be sudued to and if it did well I guess it is tough luck for me hey and these lures dont see water any more as there was lucky to be 10 made and never made it into any shops.

They served their purpose back in the early 90's and caught some nice cod now the are just history, but thanks for picking on them.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:55 am

That is the exact same way that i put those same clips onto alot of my lures for years ( and did bend the final loop over on most.....as in photo ).....although NO lure is totally void of being broken under certain circumstances , I had only a few complaints about the strength......none about the clip. Ray Broughton used the same clip sometimes and put his on in reverse , but I never realised that there was a right or wrong way.
The rounded loop , put in the bib draw-holes ( the way shown in photo & the way i did it ) seem to create a smoother movement while the lure was relieving itself of turbulent water flow and creating action. Is there a right or wrong way ????
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:06 am

Todd .... these are stunning Whitmores, thanks for showing us thumbsupsmilie

Your collection of various early Whitmores definately need to be taken out of the tackle box and put on display - great stuff bowsmilie Mate, I'd be more than happy to take the trebles of them for you lol lol
Cheers Rob

Return to “Whitmores Lures”