Mollers

Eric Moller
brolly
Guru
Guru

Mollers

Post by brolly » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:37 am

A good mate of mine give these two Mollers to add to my collection quite sometime back and at the time i didn't realise how collectable and sort after they would become.Don't know how many shapes/designs were made but certainly two very different shapes here.Are there any other disstinctively different Eric Moller shapes out there?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Mollers

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 am

Mike,
I have an idea that there were a number of 'concept' lures made by Eric.
A bloke I have known for years mentioned the other week he has a bunch of lures gathered from Eric's shed rafters on one of his 'drop ins' to see Eric MANY years ago. Apparently there are many different shapes amongst them aside from the familiar Tiger.
I haven't had the chance to get around and photograph them yet ,but will be doing it soon I hope.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Brolly

you are going to need more wrists.

Simon

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 pm

Nice. I think that cedar one is what is refered to as a Moller chopbone.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Brad,
Really looking forward to seeing those pics, interestingly Two-Bob mentions chopbone as being the name of Brollys top one.
If you look at an interesting post by Marrakai from about May last, you''ll see in the photo of Eric he's rigging a few lures with hooks.
Have a close look at the lures, I'm sure there are a couple of the 'chopbone' shape lures in the foreground. Fasinating stuff, have to visit that Bransfords
museum one day. I've got a couple of Erics that I'll post soon.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 pm

The top nude lure is referred to by Vic McCristal as Eric's nilsmaster variation.Regards Barry

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:45 am

Funny how Vic called this Moller's Nilsmaster shape,and then Peter Newell called it Chin Minnow with his Nilsmaster shape

having a smoother bottom line.

Cheers,Jim

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 pm

bullrout22 wrote:
Just wondering if you have a picture of a Chin Minnow I don't think I have seen one thumbsupsmilie
Hang on Dave, I have a Cedar blank here somewhere, looking looking,, .... Bugger thats right Rob grabbed it first zippedsmilie -duh lol .

I have held it though. Very nice too. Would love to see one that has been painted. If you have a look at my minnow I posted a while back it is about the same size and shape but has a deeper 'chin' on it.

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Dont say that, It was bait left out for Rob to get him to post a pic of it ???

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:32 pm

two-bob wrote:Dont say that, It was bait left out for Rob to get him to post a pic of it ???
Ok ... when I get home from the office I'll post a pic in the 'Piece of Newell History' thread, instead of spoiling Brolly's Moller thread thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “Eric Moller”