Eric Moller

Eric Moller
Craig
Master
Master

Eric Moller

Post by Craig » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Possible Eric Moller, either way it will never belong to anyone else.
Eric starting makeing lures in to sell in 1968.
One of the highest awards that can be given by ANSA is called the Eric Moller Award
Moller 002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tagged and Released

Fizza

Re: Eric Moller

Post by Fizza » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Craig I osted a lure in the "unknown" section that is initialed with no responses. It is the same as this lure but not in as good of condition.

I bought it off ebay a couple of yrs ago thinking Moller & had several emails from collectors from QLD & Vic that i'd outbid congratulating me on buying a Moller.

However the initials on the underside of the bib suggest something else. I really don't know myself what it is for sure.

The wire is exactly the same as you pictured lure.

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:02 am

Yours has straight cut sides and mine is rounded, the bib on mine has the corners of the bib removed. Yours looks more professional.
It doesn't look like Eric Moller, or C Lures. The body looks like Daves, but the eyes are wrong for Dave.
I'll keep looking.
Tagged and Released

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 am

I don't know Craig.

When I acquired this lure i was after an old Pflueger Globe it was being sold with.

Your lure & the one I have posted are the only two I've seen with such fine hook hangers & tow wire.

Maybe the wire is a hint maybe not so much as to what it is but what it isn't with the main question being:

Would Moller have made a lure for thumping fish with what appears to be very thin wire? I for one don't know!

Craig email me some all round pics and dimensions if you can. I just remembered a bloke who might very well know, two in fact. thumbsupsmilie

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 am

I agree with the question with you, if you can cross out what it's not. Only the truth remains.
Tagged and Released

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 pm

This one bugged me all night, i went and had a look in my collection it is possibly "a dollar an inch"
so called as that is how they were sold 4" $4 etc.
I have a 4" & 2" in my collection the similar paint job as yours.
The same fine guage wire,The only thing that worries me is the nose on mine are slightly pointier but very close to yours.
will put up some photos when i can find my damb camera cord.
warren.

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Wazza did ou find that cord.
These are George Dempster Lures from Townsville, I've managed to find his neighbour and have a chat.
Mully, any chance you could move this to a George Dempster section within Qld.
Tagged and Released

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm

The top three are genuine mollers, next two yellow lures are dollar an inch lures(i don't know the makers name)and the last one is unknown it has straight sides.
warren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Your dollar an inch lures are by George Dempster. Know as pipeline George in Townsville. He made lures into his seventies, which maybe why he sold them so cheap.
My two small ones cost me $75.00, mine are mint and never used. I've got the hooks stored seperatly.
Regarding those other things you've got, Mullins? Never heard of him. Better send them to me for a run and see if they work.

Dempster 002.JPG
Tagged and Released

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Wazza,
Does you're bottom lure have anything written on the underside of the bib?

Also does it have a similar profile/shape to early killalures?

The pattern & profile from the pic is very similar to a lure I have although mine's almost rotten, timber wise.

Return to “Eric Moller”