Wooden Stumpy

JJ's Stumpjumper Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Wooden Stumpy

Post by aussbasstony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Could someone please tell me what a wooden JJ, Stumpy is worth in this time of Lure market.

Or does it come down to how much money you have and how much you realy ,realy what one -duh

Cheers Tony

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: Wooden Stumpy

Post by aussbasstony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Wow $711.00 it seems -duh

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Gone up from the last one which made $634

Cheers,Jim

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am

Wait till the next one goes up - I reckon it won't be too long before they are almost parity with mint Kadaitchas. Keeping in mind that Wooden Stumpies in mint condition are easily more rare than a Kadaitcha in mint because John made so few so long ago! And if you look at most replies of the holy grail question, the timber StumpJumper is right up there.

Can't wait for the Kadaitcha-lovers society of Australia to send in the dogs after that comment lol lol lol

Now to get hold of a red and black Kadaitcha in mint condition wwnk wwnk

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

Gee Stephen,you should have chased the Glen Innes tackle box;there was one in there.You mightn't
have liked it though,thin yellow eyes around the pupil.

On the Stumpys though,how few woodens still in the packet??

2 on eBay over the last year or so and I know of another which he won't sell.

Going to be damn difficult to get a complete colour set.Were there 10?

Cheers,Jim

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 am

Jim

You're not wrong about completing a set. Pretty sure there were 10 original colours and everything gets a touch confusing because there were even fewer timbers with plastic painted bibs made - apparently as John developed the removable bib for the moulded lures. Still need to source one of these - anyone??? anyone????

I'm happy with my two timber Stumpies, one mint from a good mate and the other well used from my box many years ago. I had a third in yellow black but gave it to mate who loves Stumpies and does not own one. It was pretty badly bashed up too!

Would love to have a full set, let a lone a mint set and then let alone in packets. Brolly and I reckon you'd be looking at 10 colours in packets for $10 grand - so $1000 each for a full colour set in packets. Now that is truly scary and something that probably does not exist anymore.

So Tony - get your credit card ready!

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Steven,

thanks for that info I never realised that there were only that few ever made.

I did have a dib on that one for sale but went passed my bid very early in the auction. crazysmilie

I sat and watched the end of auction and holy crap the bids came very late in the sale .

Maybe one day I will find one in a garage sale thumbsupsmilie gotta have dreams -duh

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm

After you've been bidding seriously on eBay for a few years you learn that it saves you money to put your final bid in within the last 15 seconds.

(At one stage,possibly still,there was a computer company just down the road from eBay headquarters that would place it for you at a cost,so you
could go out on the grog that night with no worries)

If you put your best bid in with days to go there are some very strange people in this world who will chip away at you 20 or 30 times,sometimes over
several sessions,going up a coupla dollars at a time.Weird.

Cheers,Jim

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Jim actualy there was something in the local paper the other day about paying someone whom can get you the final bid on an auction wondered to myself how this would work though ! Still scratching my head over it.

Oh well one day we all will get a so called Gold Watch day as someone on this forum stated :-)

cheers Tony

loomis
Expert
Expert

Post by loomis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

When I used to be employed full time, before I started the whole self-emplyed thing, I used to use a program called 'SNIPE'. You could program what item, what amount, and at what time to place the bid. I dont know if is still around, but it was good.

Leigh.
aussbasstony wrote: Hey Brolly,
But i do like your Bums mate smckin lol

Return to “JJ's Stumpjumper Lures”