Wooden stumpjumper or copy

JJ's Stumpjumper Lures
nsw drifter
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Wooden stumpjumper or copy

Post by nsw drifter » Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello,

New to site, not really a collector - was mainly poking around as I'd heard tenterfield darts were worth a dollar or two. Seems true and the few (3) that I have will be retired from swimming and will probably be sold as i'd be cut losing them to snags if they are worth three or so new lures.

Anyway I do have one or two other wooden lures in various tackleboxes. I'm hoping I've attached a pic of what i suspect is either a wooden stumpjumper or copy. Its very close in size and shape to the standard large plastic ones. I found it on a log in the Murrumbidgee some years ago (west of wagga). The paint job is pretty eyecatching but i suspect not factory. The bibs metal and the eyes are just painted on. Any guesses on how to get more of an idea of wether its a knockoff or the real mccoy. If its worth nothing i'll hang onto it as its pleasing to look at.

pstumpy ok size.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Falky
Master
Master

Re: Wooden stumpjumper or copy

Post by Falky » Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi ND and welcome to the site mate thumbsupsmilie
hard to tell with that only pic mate, can you take pics from all around the lure if thats possibly and I'm sure someone will be able to let you know thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm

yeah more profiles including bib and tow points etc will help mate the profile on show does seem to show stumpie influence but more pictures pllease thumbsupsmilie

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am

Paint isn't original, but I'd take a risk at auction. Looks good enough for me.
Tagged and Released

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun May 31, 2009 10:40 am

Speaking of auctions Craig I see your ruler back on that other site after a bit of an absence.

Return to “JJ's Stumpjumper Lures”