A few Generations of C Lures

C Lures
TonyM

A few Generations of C Lures

Post by TonyM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:10 pm

After seeing some of the excellent collections of C Lures put up I thought it was about time I shared my small but growing collection of these fantastic lures.

Here's my Cooktown C Lures.

The ones on the left are originals made by Carl and Judy Grist - being such a good lure a few have been beaten up badly by toothy critters!

The ones on the right are made by either Selwyn Wendt who bought the business from Carl Grist, or Bruce Rampton (a.k.a "The Teacher") who made the lures after Selwyn.

And here's a few later models made by Dominic Fry

I very much hope to add some more nice examples of these lures to my collection. There are many models I don't have but will be keeping my eyes open and my fingers crossed!

childers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: A few Generations of C Lures

Post by childers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks Tony , i knew you would have some interesting lures to put up , cheers mick.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks Tony,

Good info on the names, fills some gaps.

Like the handwritten ones. Got a leads with a similar colour scheme to the black and white one.

Simon

TonyM

Post by TonyM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 pm

childers wrote:Thanks Tony , i knew you would have some interesting lures to put up , cheers mick.
Hi Mick,

Slowly getting a few, it's amazing how many different models are around - I like the big bibbed ones you put up earlier, it has been added to my "must get" list!
simon bruce wrote:Thanks Tony,
Good info on the names, fills some gaps.
Like the handwritten ones. Got a leads with a similar colour scheme to the black and white one.

Simon
Hi Simon,

I can't take credit for the info, that was kindly shared with me by a very knowledgable collector from up North who's also a true gentleman.
The Leads sounds nice - yet another of my lure addictions too droolsmilie

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Yes, the FNQ lures are nice but can be hard to date given a lack of names.

To avoid hijacking the thread the black and white leads is in a topic in the leads section.

Return to “C Lures”