C Lures Stash

C Lures
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

C Lures Stash

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Just found a stash of old C Lures covered in dust in a tackle shop overseas. They are made by DJ & CJ Fry ...... there are heaps of them, all new on card backings with the little sticker under the bib.

Models include Long Tom, Huntsman, Barra Pro, Barra Pro mini, Headmaster .... etc, etc

I know nothing about C Lures .... can someone roughly tell me what they worth back in Aust for a collector ???
Cheers Rob

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: C Lures Stash

Post by simon bruce » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

There is a post in the C Lures section puts the ones by Dominic $30 to $40

The head hunter was meant to be a good jack lure.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks, looks like a good buy then if paying 10% less than the original carded price then making a further 20% on the currency thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Are you still in Beach Rd,mate?

I only brought 2 C Lures back with me last weekend though I did get over 100 old Aussie lures in total.The X-Ray man in Customs was most impressed.

Funny I didn't find what you have.Wonder if they keep bringing them out from the back room,or did I miss a shop?

I was happy with a heap of Majik and Mudeye plus odd others.

Cheers,Jim

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Jim, found a few spots hidden in the back alleys - reckon I've found about 10 shops today all in the same area you were in. Also helped getting a few pointers from the locals thumbsupsmilie

Waiting to hear back from one of the shop owners who reckons he has a box full of pre-skeleton Deceptions he bought over 15 years ago - that's tomorrow's objective !!!

Not up to 100 yet, but trying hard lol lol yay
Cheers Rob

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Best of luck for tomorrow.

My wife gave me 2 1/2 hours one arvo,wish I'd had more time.

No point anyone else going to Singapore after you clean them out.

I was amazed at what I found.Lures with cheaper stickers over the top of stickers from a previous shop and if you took up 20 or 30

they'd give you 20% discount cos they were glad to finally sell them and then the exchange rate 20% in our favour.FANTASTIC!!!

Just happy I saw your "Stuck in Singapore" post in European Lures (for some reason?) and then Simon mentioned Beach Rd otherwise I wasn't

planning to check out the Singapore fishing shops.Life's funny sometimes.

Cheers,Jim

Falky
Master
Master

Post by Falky » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 pm

lucky buggers droolsmilie droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Reel-Nut Rob,

Wondering if you got those Deceptions the next day (or anything else) ???

Cheers,Jim

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 am

Jim .... it's a challenge for the next trip as the Deceptions are still in a box somewhere in his shop, he couldn't find them - if you saw the shop you'd understand why, stuff everwhere. They've got my contact details so hopefully will call when they surface - next time I'll offer to spend a day and go through the boxes for him, never know what else I'll find ?

The 'C Lures' were a good pickup .... something like 48 lures in total and wait for it, averaging just under $10 each, mint on cards, dust thrown in for free !!!

Different colour ranges included 7 Barra Pro's, 5 Headmaster's, 8 Barra Pro Mini's, 2 Long Toms and 1 Huntsman - doubles in everything which I split with my son. He's now tormented by the value proposition and reckons there's sufficient margin in them to pay for a new Playstation !!!

Also sending 6 to a very astute fellow site member who PM'd me just at the right time to share in the spoils lol lol lol thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am

Rob,

Think I better book a flight for tomorrow and give myself a week in those back alleys to see if I can gazump you lol lol lol lol

Cheers,Jim

Return to “C Lures”